Chapter 14

The silent air carried itself through the valley, accompanied by a gentle breeze which aided J-hope's shallow breathing.

It seemed as though he was contemplating about what he wanted to reveal since he had a lot on his mind. Clearly, he wanted to express it all but whether he was going to open up was up to him.

His lower lip trembled with sorrow as he tried to hold it together but it his attempt was far from successful.

A pang of guilt rushed through you realising this might have been a bad idea.

The relationship between you and Hobi wasn't intimate or anywhere near best friends but it was close enough for Hobi to confide in you.

Aware of your actions, you reached out and interlaced your thin fingers with his shaky ones which seemed to  reassure him.

He let out a tired sigh and tightened the grip around your fingers. "My parents hate me. I couldn't help with any of the problems when i was living with them and our relationship isn't the best at the moment." He sighed again and shook his head. "I try my best to talk to them but they don't want to see me."

You listened intently to J-hope in silence, afraid of missing out the tiniest detail.

Speaking now, may change his mind to speak openly and if you remained quiet, he may provide extra informations which you need to know, for his and everyone involved's sake.

After waiting for 5 minutes in tense silence, it was clear he wasn't going to talk but as he parted his lips, the empty words which fell out weighed heavily on your heart.

"I've thought a lot about if I wasn't there. If I had gone far away from this world. Would it benefit my parents?"

"Don't you dare say that again. I mean it. Suicide isn't ever an answer. Besides, what you leave behind is harder than anything."

Neither of you dared to speak up, greeting the tense silent once more but this time,warmly.

However the silence left as quickly as it arrived, what with your mind clouded with questions and any words of comfort.

"Hoseok, it's okay to ask for help, especially from those around you, who love you and support you."

"Who? My friends? They'll just see me as weak and embarrassing."

"Not if they are the same people I got the privilege to meet. You all treat each other like family and family helps each other through the tough times. I'll be here too to give you a break from those crazy animals." you chuckled. 

J-hope nodded and joined in with your chuckle session. He trusted your words and hoped you were right.

He shifted his weight and lent back to lay on the grass, throwing his arms behind him to break his fall.

"I miss my mother. I can't see her but one day, I'll have her released and living with me." He continued.

"Wait... what?"

"Oh yeah, uhm... she's at a mental asylum."

At Hoseok's bitter words, all you could do was widen your eyes in shock.

How could Hosoek be happy and a complete sunshine when he's dealing with so much?

He paused at a vibrating sensation overpowering his legs causing you to groan as he fiddled around in his pocket. He waved a hand at you signalling he needed to take it and walked away.

He sauntered towards you in 5 minutes time, where you had tacked up the horses for the return.

"The boys." He mumbled, waving his phone in the air.