6| Of accidents and Rules

I woke up and booked an Uber at six in the morning, not because I enjoyed waking up that early, but because I wanted to leave before either of the love birds woke up and felt obligated to let me join their company.

Considering working hours started at eight, the office was uncomfortably, very empty, but thanks to all the time I spent here last week, I had a few books up in my cabin. My hopes however crashed badly when I realized that text books I had, but absolutely no notes. It's okay, I thought, I'll read all the text books today and bring the notes with me tomorrow. It felt like a brilliant plan at the time, but now, an hour later, as I badly tried to remember important points I jotted, it wasn't.

I went downstairs, booking another cab to go to the Vargaras' house. I nodded to the inflow of employees as they came along, one of them being my mom.

"Hello Miss 'I forget my parents once I get married'."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You didn't even call, not once the full day."

"I was sleeping half of it mom, you should have called me if you wanted to speak," it was a quite eventful day.

"Where too?" she asked as she waited for the lift.

"All my notes are in their house," I grumbled.

"You're going to study there?"

"No, I'll bring my books here."

"Good."

I raised my eyebrows at her, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"God knows how they might distract you there."

I rolled my eyes, and the Uber thankfully chose that moment to pull up into the office driveway.

"Bye."

"See you."

________________________________________________

As I entered the neighborhood I immediately knew I got the address correct; I was met with the sight of gorgeous front lawns, and towering gates sprawled across the area. 'The Trail Houses' is a very misleading name, I thought, 'The Trail Mansions' would have been so much more appropriate.

I got out in front of their gate, and as I heard the cab's tires screech away, nerves started tickling in my stomach. What if no one's home? What if they closed the door on me?

Five cars, including mine, were parked up their private drive way, they were this rich?

I rang the doorbell my fingers fidgeting subconsciously; I had to get rid of that nervous tick.

Niko opened the door, dressed for school, "Oh, hey."

"Hi," I said, "Is anyone home?"

"Yeah, everyone's home, come in."

He opened the door wider and ran off back into the house. I stepped inside hesitantly, peeking my head around the walls; I don't know what I expected to jump out at me, but it felt wrong to just enter normally.

"Why do you look like you're planning to rob the house?"

I spun around to Claudio, "Oh, no. I was just. I came for books. I mean my books. I mean suitcase which has my books. I -"

"Chill sis," Sis?, "I think they're up in Luke's room."

Oh no. "Is he here?"

"Yup, just arrived minutes back."