5| Two's company, three's a crowd

A hotel had been booked for the both of us, only for today. The lawyer insisted on showing the 'newly wedded' going off to celebrate the marriage. Tomorrow was Monday, which meant back to work; but today I was going to have to spend it with him, and from how the car ride went, it was going to be in absolute utter silence.

We entered the hotel room, and I barely placed my bag down when he spoke the four words:

"I have a girlfriend."

I looked at him; he's got to be kidding. He kept looking at me and shifting his gaze, please tell me this isn't some stupid joke. After a few seconds of silence I realized it wasn't and I probably should say something.

 I opened my mouth but nothing came out, I closed it.

Opened it, closed it.

He shifted his position, removing his hands from his pockets, "She doesn't know about, this."

This time I kept my mouth closed, and he kept his eyes on me; for a good five seconds until I threw my bouquet at his face.

"Are you insane!?"

"My thoughts exactly!" he exclaimed ducking to avoid being hit.

I opened my mouth to say something, but he beat me to it.

"Before you say anything, there's something else you should now."

"If you tell me she's pregnant, I swear-"

"No! No."

I let out a breath of air, him having a girlfriend was one thing, him not telling her about us another, but if there was a baby involved, I was out.

"She's coming here."

I gave him a long hard look and when that didn't suffice, I tried counting to ten. I didn't even make it to six when I walked the three steps to him and started swatting his arm.

"Hey! Ow, geez, stop it."

"What do you mean stop it." I gritted out, continuing to hit him, "You're supposed to tell me these things before!"

"We never talked! And, I-" he paused midway grabbing both my hands and held them by his shoulders. I realized how tall he was, or how short I was, as I tilted my head at a ridiculously obtuse angle to meet his face.

"Let go", I said blowing the stray strands of hair from my face.

"I was told you were calm and sweet."

"Well they told wrong," 

He raised an eyebrow at my unsuccessful attempts to break free from his hold, "Clearly."

"Let me go" I gritted still struggling.

"If you stop hitting me."

"Fine."

I took a step back as he let go and huffed rubbing my wrists.

"You're very violent."

"I am not!"

"You just hit me up for telling-"

"Me that you have a girlfriend, that she doesn't know about us, and that shes coming here. I'd say I handled it pretty well," I concluded for him.

"Look, I didn't mean for this to happen," he said exasperatedly. "It's been one year since we first kissed or something and I was on the phone with her when mom was telling me about the hotel arrangements, I had to say that it was a surprise for her."