six

superficial love

chapter six - attached

chaeyoung

"So, you're telling me... you didn't bring any sleeping clothes and you just shoved random things into your duffel bag?" Jaehyun asks for the second time, arms crossed as he leaned against the wall.

My cheeks are still warm, and I'm still quite embarrassed about the whole 'bra' ordeal, but he seems quite over it.

"Well, yeah..." I say, "how was I supposed to know that we were sleeping here?!"

Jaehyun chuckles, shaking his head.
He suddenly heads back into the bathroom, and I watch him in curiosity.

I hear him unzip his bag before he soon returns, a black piece of clothing in his hands.
"Catch."
I instantly hold my hands out in front of me when I realize he was throwing it my way.

Catching it and holding it out in front of me, I realize it's a soft, black t-shirt.

"You can wear that to sleep for the night. It's clean and everything." Jaehyun says, and I stare at him blankly.

"A-are you sure?" I stammer, "you won't need to wear it tomorrow or anything?"

"No. I always pack extra clothes. You never know what could happen." He shrugs, and I make myself a mental note to take precautions like Jaehyun did.

"Well, thank you."

We sit in silence for a second before I get up.

"I... should probably shower." I say, an awkward laugh following.

"Uhh, yeah. Go ahead." Jaehyun nods, rubbing the back of his neck.

He moves away from the bathroom door, and I take his t-shirt and my duffel bag, heading into the bathroom.

Closing the door and making sure it's locked, I sighed as I slunk down to the floor after setting the duffel bag and shirt onto the counter.

There was no way out of this.
I'd be spending the night with Jung Jaehyun, and he'd have to see me bare-faced.

I fight the urge to slam my head into the bathroom door in despair, instead, taking a deep breath and beginning to undress.

Frowning, I realize I didn't even have any of my cleansers or skin care routine things.
Letting out yet another deep sigh, I finish undressing and open the glass door to enter the 'shower area', which is still wet from Jaehyun's shower.

The shower is one of the open-spaced showers which didn't have a tub, but instead, a drain in the floor.

Looking up to the metal rack with the bar soaps, I realize Jaehyun hadn't taken his skin care products off the shelf.

Instantly, I leave the 'shower area' and grab a clean towel from the top of the sink, wrapping it around my body.

Unlocking the bathroom door, I stick my head out.

Jaehyun was sitting on the couch, on his phone.

He looked up at me upon realizing I had opened the door.
"Uh... you okay...?" He asked, probably curious as of why I was just blankly staring at him while wearing only a towel.