Chapter 10

The world was silent.

And then all hell broke loose.

Ladybug fell to her knees, not knowing how to feel. There was a boy laying in front of her. A boy, who looked to be around her age, with shiny blond hair and a beautiful face. Adrien.

"I... love you...." his last words to her echoed in her mind. She watched him reach out for her, beg for her to stop, watched the life slowly drain from his green eyes... his beautiful green eyes.... gone from the world forever, never to see again.

And what did she do? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Wasn't she supposed to be a hero?

She fell to her knees in front of the dead boy. How could this happen? A shrill laugh sounded behind her.

"AHAHAHAHAHA.... Chat Noir is dead... The Miraculouses will be mine!" exclaimed Jealousy. "Ladybug," her voice was serious again. "Bring me the Miraculouses."

"Can I... can I even be called that anymore?" said Ladybug, clutching Adrien's ring to her heart. 

"What are you talking about?" Jealousy yelled from atop her purple hover board. "Give me the Miraculouses!" the zombie army, influenced by their queen's emotions, were beginning to feel restless. 

"No," said Ladybug, slowly rising despite her leg's shaky protests. She turned to look at Jealousy, at Khloe, through eyes blurred with tears. 

"No?" Jealousy asked in a screechy voice. "How dare you oppose me! I made you!"

"Made me?" asked Ladybug, drawing near again. The purple had left her eyes, tears now taking the color's place. "You didn't make me," she slid Chat's ring on her finger, feeling Adrien's power surge through her. "You didn't make me!" 

A soft white glow began to engulf Ladybug's body. Jealousy gasped as it blinded her and sent her army of purple zombies aback. 

"I made me! We made me!" Ladybug began to levitate as the white glow began to absorb the city. "Feel our power!" Said Adrien's and Marinette's voices together. As one, they began to chant.

"Ancient Kwamis, hear our plea, let ancient powers

Spread through me

As cat and lady bind together

Make our power stronger than ever!

Tikki, Spots on! Plagg, Claws out!"

In a flash, Ladybug transformed and landed in a thud. Ladybug stood up to face Jealousy.

"L-ladybug?" Jealousy asked, astounded by the form that was now in front of her. "No... Chat Noir? You are..."

"No," the new superhero spoke in Adrien's and Marinette's voice. "I... am Lady Noir."

Lady Noir's  navy blue hair was tied in a high bun with a red ribbon, showing off her black cat ears. Her suit, which was black with red dots, was hugging her skin along with a black belt that attached a black tail to her back. Held in her black paw-printed gloves was her staff, which was long and silver with a ladybug gem at the end. Her eyes, which were encased in a mask that didn't show them, were trained on Jealousy.

In her odd voice, she spoke once again. "It ends here, Jealousy. Give up your Akuma, now!"

"N-no!" Yelled an enraged Jealousy. "Zombies, attack!" 

The zombies swarmed Lady Noir. She stood still and, with one swift hit from her staff, they went flying. 

"Be careful, Lady Noir," said the merged Kwamis from within the Miraculous. "They are still human."