Chapter 8

"Hmm..." hummed Jealousy. She soared into the air on her purple hover board, staring at the beautiful purple world around her. Everything was in her grasp. She had power, the money, the looks... yet she still wasn't satisfied. She had never been satisfied- ever. As if on cue, Hawkmoth's purple symbol appeared in front of her.

"My bitter sweet Jealousy..." he purred into her ear. "Don't fret my darling. Soon you will have what you desire. Adrien and Marinette! But remember the payment..." he then enchanted the screen to show her the Miraculous's.

"I know, I know!" she said furiously, wiping away his symbol. "You're obstructing my view! I can't see Adrien-"

With a whoosh, Jealousy was knocked off of her platform. She landed on the stone ground with a thud.

"Why you little-"

"What is it? Cat got your tongue?" a kitty said from atop a purple hover board. "Are you surpuuurrised?" he joked.

"Grrr!" Jealousy growled as she made the board disappear. Chat mounted himself atop his pole and looked down at her. She picked up the cell that she dropped and started instant messaging.

"Eh? What are you- ah!" Before Chat could finish his sentence, a dark cloud appeared over his head, and he found it hard to move.

"Hahaha!" Cackled Jealousy, showing him her phone.

Did you see Chat Noir~? He's soo useless compared to Ladybug! It read. She then tapped a button and sent it to everyone on her contact list.

So that's how she does it, thought Chat.

"Figure out my little trick yet, Kitty Kitty?" Jealousy mocked. Her phone had the power to look into someone's fears. She then did the typical Khloe thing- sent them to everyone, leaving the victim immobile in a dark grey cloud of self-pity.

"Huh. Nice. Still glad to see your inner Khloe shine through, Jealousy. But your trick won't work on me!" he exclaimed.

"Kukukukuku~" Jealousy giggled. "When hasn't it?" She snarled. "Anyways, gotta fly, kitty. Byebye!" She laughed as the dark cloud began to enclose him. Jumping in the air, the hover board once again appeared under her feet, and she was gone with the wind.

"Heheh, really now..." Chat mumbled. He was beggining to succumb to Jealousy's wrath. "Maybe... she is right..." sighing, he put his head in his hand and pondered. Marinette has never said that she needed me before, he thought weakly. She's never confessed to me, either. Am I burdening her with my love?

Chat then pictured Marinette's sweet smile in his mind. The way her bangs curled around her face... her deep, alluring blue eyes... the way her face flushed when he got close to her... and the way she smiled.... All of these made his chest burst with love and sorrow. He almost thought he was about to cry.

"Hey, dude, way to throw a pity-party. Please don't invite me next time? All of your lovey-dovey crap is making me sick," said a voice in his head. Adrien quickly snapped out of his trance and addressed the voice.

"Huh? Who are you?" He said aloud.

"Really? You can't remember me?" The voice paused, "does this answer your question?"  A picture of Plagg's favorite Camembert cheese appeared in his mind.

"P-plagg?" Adrien gasped. "But how are you-"

"No time to explain," Plagg interrupted him. "Ladybug's in trouble, I can feel it. We have to get to her!" He yelled desperately.

"But Jealousy's right, Plagg," sighed Adrien. "Ladybug'll be fine without me. Besides, what've I ever done for her? I'm useless to her."

Face palming inside Adrien's Miraculous, Plagg sighed and said, "Look, kid, there's a reason why you were chosen to be Chat Noir. And there's also a reason why  you were chosen to fight beside Ladybug. Don't you get it, Adrien? You're a hero. Paris's, Ladybug's, and now, It's time to be your own hero."

Surprised by Plagg's kind words, Adrien smiled. "Wow, Plagg, that's deep, dude," he said, mimicking Plagg. "You should really quit your job as a Kwami and become an inspirational speaker."

"Shut up, you kidder, and save your girl!" Plagg exclaimed.

"You got it," said Adrien. "CATACLYSM!" Adrien chanted. In an instand, the dark cloud was shattered, and Adrien felt like a new man. Or, rather, a new cat. "Ahh, it's good to have nine lives," he snickered to himself. His ring chirped. "Ah, but before we do that, how about we get some cheese?"

And with that, Chat Noir, flying in the purple-tinted the sky with zombies at his tail, felt surer in himself than ever before. Wait for me, Marinette, he thought. Please, be okay!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, guys! MiracleMoon22 here! Sorry for the delay, I was kinda-sorta-maybe busy with homework and family stuff!

Anyways, I hope you like this chapter. I hope I really delved deep into Chat's fears and expressed them well. I really liked when Plagg comforted him, too, despite his sarcastic nature! I really like out of character, ushy-mushy things like that!

Anyways, I'm hoping to have this whole Jealousy monster be beaten at the end of chapter 9 (or at the beginning of 10?) and add a little cutsie fluff into the story! I still haven't developed their romantic relationship enough yet. I kinda just forced it onto you guys and said "HERE!!! ADRIENETTE!!" without any development. Maybe I'll do that more in the sequel? (that is, if Lady_Bug3 will let me!)

I really like angst-y, forbidden relationships (Romeo and Juliet, anyone?) so I'm planning on making their situation like that.

AHH!!! I'VE SAID TOO MUCH!!!

Anyways, I'll see you guys soon (Hopefully sooner than you think!)

See ya later!

-MiracleMoon22