Chapter 5

For the first time in his life, Adrien was late to school. "Fuck, fuck fuck!" he exclaimed as he ran as fast as his legs could carry him. His father was busy at work, as always, and their assistant was "too busy to take care of high school boys", as she said, and so he was on his own, rushing to school.

Damn you, father, Adrien thought, I'm late because of how much I pondered about what you said last night!

And in an instant, he relived every moment of what happened and sighed in desperation.

~

Chat Noir was desperate to get home, for he knew his father would surely scold him and be disappointed in him. But that wasn't really new to him, no; his father always had a reason for being angry. His earliest memory of his father was the cold look in his eyes as he glared across the room.

Sighing, he closed his eyes and soared through the air, living his last moments as Chat Noir before he had to transform again, back to his daily life, back to his harsh reality. Jumping through his bedroom window, he instantly turned back into his old self right when his assistant opened the door.

"Oh, there you are," she said, out of breath and looking flustered. "Your father is very angry-even though you're one minute late! He's a perfectionist, your father," she opened her bag and grabbed a bottle of water, "very strict man, he is. You better go before he blows my brains out!"

Rushing out the door, she went into the nearest bathroom which was five doors down- to tidy herself up. Sighing, Adrien signaled Plagg to come out and boy, did he have a few words for him.

"What was that? Ugh! You really push me to my limit! All because of that Ladybug," Plagg put emphasis on Ladybug to make it sound whiny. "She's no good for you, Adrien! No go-" 

Adrien cut Plagg off by grabbing him and trapping him in his fist. 

"Quiet, you!" he whispered into his hand. Shoving Plagg into his pocket, he made his way into the living room, where his father's face was displayed. Walking in slowly, he bowed his head as to not meet his father's eyes. 

"Adrien," said his father, noticing his son's odd behavior. "Look at me," Adrien obeyed and stood upright awkwardly. "I have something to tell you."

Obviously, thought adrien as he walked over to their couch and plopped down. 

"As you know, you're getting older- look at you, my boy! Already 14," his father sighed happily, "and you look just like your mother."

"Father? A-are you OK?" gasped Adrien. His father was acting strange. Very strange. He had never said anything like that to him before- and never looked at him like that. Adrien peered closer at his father's face, looking for abnormalities. The only thing he could notice was his eyes though. They had a... somewhat of a purple tinge to them. Weird, he thought.

"No, my boy!" his father exclaimed happily, raising his arms in the air. "Not at all! In fact, I have a surprise for you!" 

Yup, thought Adrien, Definitely not normal. 

"As you know, I am a very important man in the world of business," his father began to explain. "I have good ties to the Mayor and other very important people. As you know, the Mayor has a daughter," his father smiled wide, "and him and I were talking the other day. 'What if our children... were to have a relationship? That would definitely cause publicity,' he had said to me. So I replied, 'splendid idea!'" his father raised his arms as to exaggerate the whole thing, "and we have decided that an arranged marriage between the two of you would be most beneficial for the future of our company and yours as well."

Gasping back, Adrien fell off the couch and said, "No way am I doing that! You're crazy! I'll never love-"

"ENOUGH!" his father interrupted. "You will marry Khloe, and that is final. Good day." 

"But dad-"

"Good day!" he interrupted once more. Adrien looked even more closer and noticed something bizarre. His father's eyes were now completely purple- so much so that he could barely see his pupils. Something was definitely wrong. And Adrien was going to find out.

~

Suddenly coming back to his senses, Adrien noticed the car honking at him to move and he hurriedly crossed the street, embarrassed. 

I have to tell Marinette about this, he thought. Once across the street, he fell back into one of his dazes. Marinette...

He remembered her smile, her laugh, the time when they went out for ice cream, the sad look in her eyes when he told her he had to leave the other day... shaking his head as to clear his mind, he found himself in front of the school gates, walking in them before they closed.

"Hurry up next time, kid," said one of the guards who were on duty. He ran past him without a glance and made it in the classroom right when the bell rang.

"Hey everyone, sorry I'm-" he stopped talking once he looked around. Everyone was usually up and busy when he came in, but this time, everyone was silent. And glaring. Right at him.

"Eh... hey?" he said anxiously while taking a little step back. They all growled and bared their teeth at him, as though they were wild dogs. "W-what is it?"

"How dare you break Marinette's heart!" yelled Alya, her glare ice-cold. 

"Alya? What are you talking about? Where is she?" he said worriedly. A shrill laugh came from the corner of the room.

"Don't pretend like you don't know, darling," said Khloe as she emerged from the shadows. "We are a couple now, aren't we?" she said while smirking. 

What the fuck is going on here? Thought adrien. But then, he noticed something peculiar, odd. All of their eyes were glowing pure purple. 

Adrien looked back to Khloe and gasped. He saw Hawkmoth's mask over Khloe's eyes and her outfit changed right before him.

"I am Jealousy!" she flew up in the air with her cell phone in hand, "and Adrien will be mine!"

_

Sorry this revision is late, guys! I had a lot of school work yesterday, and my dad wouldn't let me on the computer because of it (I had to post yesterday's message on my phone) so I am very sorry! I hope you really like today's chapter. I was thinking about how I was going to make it go last night.

Anyways, I won't be able to upload anything tomorrow, I'll be at my mom's and she has, like, no wifi there. But I can still see messages and comments, so message me if you want!

I'll see you guys later!

~MiracleMoon22