Chapter 6

"Marinette! Marinette!" Marinette's mom called as she walked up the stairs. "What are you doing up here? I've called you five times already!" Her mom walked over to where Marinette was laying and peered at her closely. 

"You're going to be late! Hurry up!" She then proceeded to shake her but, to her astonishment, her daughter didn't move or make a sound. 

"Hmm.. odd..." she whispered to herself while noticing the dried tears on her daughters face. "Just what were you doing last night...?"

The mother then looked down, saw her daughter's outstretched hand, and saw a note hanging loosely from it. She then reached out for it and began to read the words on the page.

"Oh, my..." she gasped as her eyes traveled along the words. No wonder Marinette didn't bother to come down for dinner. "Oh my poor, sweet baby..." she looked down at Marinette's face while gently patting her head. "Sleep now, dear." 

Her mother carefully got up from her daughter's bed, closed the curtains, and quietly shut the door. She was saddened to know her daughter was so torn up about a boy. And why would he break up with her via letter? Don't teens now a days use their cellphones? And why didn't Marinette tell her she had a boyfriend? As the many things plagued her mind, she knew one thing for sure: That Marinette was a tough girl like her mother. And that she'd pull through this, just like her mother had with her past lovers. 

Sighing a tired sigh, she went downstairs into the hall to the room her and her husband shared. She found him snuggled nice and cozy in bed, a pillow clenched between his massive forearms. 

"I might as well get some sleep too," she said as she crawled into bed without trying to disturb her husband. As she started to drift to sleep, she had a feeling that maybe, for this one moment, that everything was right in the world.

~~ Back to Adrien

For Adrien, everything was wrong and for all the wrong reasons. He was crushed between Khloe (or Jealously, as she called herself) and her 'best friend' Sabrina. 

All of his classmate's eyes glowed an eerie purple- and they all seemed to be glaring right at him. He knew that he was in trouble.

Sighing, he counted all the things that went wrong up until now.

Number one: his father and the Mayor seemed to agree that him and Khloe would be suitable partners for each other. Ick, thought Adrien as he remembered the memory. Then again, he did see the purple tinge in his father's eyes. He must have been possessed, along with his classmates.

Number two: he'd been keeping so many things from Marinette. Through it all, Marinette still expressed her desire to be with him. But why? Why did she stay when he was being so dishonest? He felt guilty. Guilty that he didn't have the courage to open up to her. He had a longing to, but he was afraid that she wouldn't like him- the real him, that is. He couldn't imagine what Jealousy had told her- that he hated her? That he wanted to break up with her? These thoughts fueled his rage. How could Khloe? How could Khloe try to keep them apart like this?

I will never love you, the thought screamed inside of his mind as he pictured Khloe. Never, ever will my heart belong to you!

Sensing his rage, Jealousy lifted her cell phone and beamed it at her classmates. "Obtain Marinette!" She screeched at them. She let go of Adrien and flew into the air. "And don't let him get away!" 

Surrounded by his now possessed classmates, he found himself trapped in what was supposed to be a safe and friendly environment.

Pushing passed their clawing hands, he somehow made it to the exit and closed the door behind him, making sure none of those purple-eyed zombies got loose. Releasing Plagg from his satchel, he cupped him in his hands and ran with him outside. 

Once outside, he released Plagg and covered his ears because he knew he was in for a shit storm.

"You had to audacity to cup me in your warm, sweaty hands like that? How dar-" Adrien cut him off.

"Quiet Plagg! Look," 

Looking up, Plagg looked up at the sky to where Adrien was looking and gasped.

"Whoever we're dealing with here is powerful. No normal enemy could turn a bright day dark and... purple?"

Sure enough, the sky was purple. And everyone was in a daze. Normal people on the street were acting like zombies, walking slowly with no ambition- or, so it seemed. Because they did have an ambition, one single objective-to obtain Adrien and bring him to their queen. And they would stop at nothing to achieve their goal.

Noticing their stares, Adrien took cover behind the school. He wasted no time and transformed once he was sure he wasn't in anyone's line of vision.

"Plagg, claws out!" Adrien yelled his enchantment and he miraculously became the famous super hero Chat Noir.

"There's no time to lose!" exclaimed Adrien as he began to use his paws to scale the buildings.

Wait for me, Marinette, he thought with a solemn expression. Please be okay.

And like lighting, Adrien disappeared into the foggy purple sky, all without the crude zombies noticing.

~~~ 

Hey guys! I really hoped you liked today's update, chapter 6! (1/9/16)

I'll be updating again tomorrow (not making any promises) so stay tuned! 

See you around!

-MiracleMoon22