Chapter 3

'Ding Dong' The doorbell rang as I was getting ready for school, as I answered the door something didn't feel right, Putting my feelings aside I answered the door to see if anyone was there. There lay a parcel wrapped from corner to corner with perfection. I took the parcel from my porch into the house. As I slowly unwrapped the parcel I saw a note peeping through the packaging. I took the note and it said,

'I know your secrets and soon you will be exposed, xx'

Inside was Rose's friendship necklace. It was a golden color and had beautiful diamonds spelling the letter R.

A shiver ran down my back as to who it could be. I didn't tell anyone my secrets because I didn't like to worry others with my stuff. Who could this person be and what did they want.

Through all this incident I lost track of the time. I still had school to care about. I went to school trying to be myself but how could I? somebody just threatened me and I don't even know who they are. Charles, Emily, and Elena also seemed quite quiet and reactive. So I came out to ask them

"Did anyone else receive an anonymous package on their doorstep"

They all looked at me in relief. We all received the same package but each of us got a different letter. Charles got O, Emily got S and Elena got E. This was a sign but of what, A dead girl? As if. She is long gone and she isn't coming back. We all discussed this until we could get to first period. After that was a 'normal' day and another and another. Normal as in Charles dating Emily and them going on a date. Charles was a foster child and his foster mother didn't give a crap about him but he was always happy even though he always seemed lost. Another morning, my alarm went off like crazy. I looked at the time and it was only 4:30 AM so why did my alarm go off? I slept in for another hour so I would wake up at normal time. Once again my alarm went off like crazy. I walked downstairs to make some breakfast as my parents and brother were out of town for a conference, so I was home alone. The door was wide open. I was the kind of person who would have just checked the locks thrice and still get out of bed to quadruple check, and I remembered locking that door. Someone had been in the house but nothing was missing. I rushed around the house to make sure there wasn't anything taken and there wasn't but my alarm had been tampered with. Why would somebody break in just to tamper with my alarm? This was weird, even for me.

I went upstairs to get dressed. As I stood in the mirror cuffing my pinstriped tie against my neck I realize how vulnerable I am and burst out to tears. I wanted to be free from this and worse was yet to come.

I walked to school really disheartened but I didn't want to worry my friends so decided to keep quiet. I walked to my locker and typed in my combination. I jerked open the door and floated out a note to the ground this time it said,

'Did you miss me, I'll be coming back for more xx'

Frustrated I slammed my locker door shut and stormed to my first lesson.