Chapter 17: Fun and Games

The meeting of Farlan and Isabel was quite awkward for her, however many times Isabel drilled her with questions. Saika wasn't very fond with meeting new people, as she was more of a reserved and quite girl. Of course, back in her village in Wall Maria, she had a few friends, but only rarely did they ever hang out together; she was always at home cleaning or cooking, learning how to be a proper housewife just like her mother.

Her mother...

Saika followed behind Levi, who walked rather stiffly for the evening, as his eyes flickered from side to side venomously. His blue cloak flapped ominously in the air behind him, a dark shadow looming over his already sinister eyes, as he led the other three towards the tunnel leading outside the Circle.

"Your violin playing is spectacular!" Isabel commented cheerfully as she beamed at the girl next to her.

"Thank you..." Saika murmured, trying her best to shrink away from the overly enthusiastic woman. She was quite shy, and due to her rather...rough treatment back at the manor, didn't take compliments very well; more like, she didn't know how to take the compliments.

"I wish I could play like that! How long have you been playing?"

"Three years..."

"That's amazing! So you're like a prodigy then, huh?"

"Erm..."

"Of course you are! Man, three years?! How old did you say you were?"

"Fifteen..."

"That's amazing!"

"Oh my god Isabel, can you just shut up for just two fucking seconds?!" Levi snarled from the front, his hands clenched into fists. Even from behind, Saika could see the man was grinding his teeth the hardest he could ever press. "Can't you see she doesn't want to talk to you?"

"Of course she wants to talk to me!" Isabel snorted, turning to the girl next to her. "Don't ya?"

"Erm...you're very kind..." Saika started, biting her lip. "It's just...I'm not used to umm...you know. Talking."

"See! Told ya she wants to talk to me!" Isabel stuck out her tongue childishly towards the man in front of her, her hands on her hips, sassy, as she walked.

"Shut up," Levi growled, turning his head slightly back to glower at the woman. "Tch..." he scoffed, holding out his left hand behind him, motioning for the maid to grab it.

Timidly, Saika slowly went to place her hand in his. The moment she touched him, Levi yanked the girl up next to him, wrapping his left arm around her waist. Saika blushed, her dark eyes flickering away as she clasped her hands nervously in front of her chest.

Farlan let out a laugh.

"You little devil!" He jogged up next to Levi. "I thought I made it clear I called dibs on her first!"

"Tch, since when?" Levi scowled.

"At that party when we first saw her, dumbass!"

"First of all, I saw her first," Levi growled, his grip tightening on her waist, pulling her. "Secondly, you never called dibs. You just kept on saying how hot she was for the entire party."

"That was technically dibs!" Farlan guffawed, slamming a firm hand on his shoulder. "Anyways, you're such an alpha you know?"

Levi furrowed his brows, flickering his darkened eyes to his comrade.

"What do you mean?"

"God, you're so dense! Look at this girl! She's basically trying to get away from you!"