Prologue.

Warning: may contain mentions of blood and may be disturbing to some readers.
-----------------------------

Sheets of white covered the narrow streets as the chilly, night-time air cut through the cracks of the vehicle, mixing with the heat inside it. Soft music played as the two youngest slept in peace, while the oldest stayed wide awake, fearful of the dangerous conditions. The father was focused on the road ahead as the heavy flakes fell from the sky to create another thick layer of snow on the ground. The mother sat in the passenger seat, fully aware of the eldests fear.
"Just rest pumpkin, we'll be home shortly," she chimed in a calm tone. The child looked up at her mother with hopeful eyes and hugged the stuffed bear closer to her chest. The mother reached back and put a reassuring hand on the little girl's kneecap.
"It's just a little snow, princess," the father spoke up, taking his gaze off the road to look at his daughter through the rearview mirror. "Nothing to be afraid of." He stared at the small child to see if the fear would change into something else. A sigh escaped his mouth and he closed his eyes for a second too long.
The mother turned upon hearing a distant honk and headlights heading straight toward their vehicle. "Honey!" She shouted. The father opened his eyes and swerved the vehicle. A screamed escaped the child's mouth, which woke the other two from their slumber.
The car started to slide and slip all around, then eventually started to roll. The guard rail didn't stop the vehicle from going off the bridge, and began sliding down the steep slope into a mass of trees. The speed of the vehicle increased as it approached a large tree until eventually it it made contact. All the while the small girl clutched her teddy bear as she flew out the windsheild and made contact with the snowy ground.
Smoke floated up in the air from the front of the vehicle. The father slumped over the steering wheel, blood dripping from his head and face. The top of the vehicle completely sucked in and tree limbs impaled into the vehicle all around.
The only noise that was heard was the harsh breathing of the little girl as tears stained her cheeks and blood covered the stuffed bear. Bones were surely broken, but she stood up and limped toward the vehicle. The snow crunched under her feet, the air felt like fire hitting her skin.
A small whimper escaped her mouth at the sight of her family in the vehicle. The child stood there, helpless.
A leaf fell from the tree. Something that was once full of life, now brown and decaying. The child picked up the leaf and held it in her hand. Soon her legs gave out and all you could hear was the small whimpers and sniffles of the child.
Another leaf fell. The child started to scream. She screamed for help, for someone to hear her. Anyone.
Another leaf fell. Sirens could be heard in the distance. Then she seen them, the red and blue lights filled her cloudy vision. Distant voices shouted from above to the small child.
"Are you hurt?!" A man in a police uniform approached the small child, flashlight in hand. He crouched down to the level of the child to get a closer look. The police officer then panned the flashlight over to the vehicle. "Medics! We need medics!" He shouted. The police officer swooped the small child in his arms and carried her up the steep hill to the ambulance. Blood trailed down her head. Consciousness slowly waning in and out. She was placed in the back of the ambulance, a blanket draped over.
"Stay awake for me." The medic said, trying to get the attention of the young girl, a small light in his hand scanning over her eyes. Her eyes started to droop close, until eventually she was unconscious.
Down below, medics dragged the bodies of four people from the vehicle. Each one had the same fate.
Then the final leaf fell from the tree.

---------------------------

A/N: Thank you for reading the prologue to this story. This is my first story..ever. So bare with me. I also don't like giving out my name on the internet ( I shall remain a mystery ) so you can just call me "Unknown". If you have any questions, go ahead and ask them, I will most likely answer them.
One last thing, this is somewhat of a teaser..I guess..I am working on the other chapters and will be publishing those on a later date..so please be patient my lovelies.
Well anyway, I hope you all enjoy this story as much as I'll enjoy writing it. So with that said, talk to you later.
- Unknown.

----------------------------