~eighteen~

Namit Mehta rejected me as a prospective bride because his family thinks I'm too progressive in my thinking to be able to adjust in their house. Besides that, all good.

How are you holding up?

~Meera

The message had been sent at four minutes into six in the morning and had come as an alarming surprise. Meera had not only messaged him, she was actually making a joke out of her situation with that Namit person who was dying to marry her.

Am I hallucinating or something?

He read the message again just to check. Upon realizing it very well was a message from Meera for him, he rolled onto his back and instantly replied,

A disappointed father, stressed mother and loving sister.

I'll let you read into the lines.

Vedant walked into the washroom and had just put the brush into his mouth when his phone beeped with a new message.

Good Morning. I never took you for an early riser!

He grinned,

I'm not. Your message woke me up. :p Morning.

Three seconds later,

Oh! I'm so sorry.

Vedant's brows scrunched with surprise, as he typed in,

Why you saying sorry Meera? It's chill.

Vidisha stirred on her side of the bed, and within a couple of seconds yawned,

"Morning, Bhai."

"Good Morning Vi." This line almost came out as a song, and he instantly realized what he'd done.

"Whoa. What was that all about?"

"Nothing." He replied quickly, stuffing the phone into the pockets of his pyjamas.

Vidisha giggled as she sat up on the bed, her curly hair wild over her face, "I know you're messaging her you know?"

"What? How?"

She now hugged her legs to herself as she grinned with pride, "Do you recall where you'd kept your phone when you came back?"

He gasped as he recalled, "My bag."

"I'd woken up to pee and your phone had buzzed so I pulled it out and placed it near your head side table. You're welcome."

He just shook his head as he gave a playful ruffle to her wild and curly hair he absolutely loved. His phone buzzed again,

Um...I'm not very good at this.

"You carry on I'll go get you some breakfast. I don't see you stepping out of the room anytime soon."

"You're the best Vi!"

"I know."

At what? Vedant typed.

You know....Texting!

Neither am I.

The next reply came after one whole minute.

Oh.

She was still online, then the screen showed typing, and again went back to online. This went on for a while, and Vedant wondered what it was that she was struggling to tell him.