Yes Girl :6

My eyes widened in panic.

 I gulped hoping he wouldn't hear the thump of my heartbeat. Oh god, he knew. He had figured it out. How could he? He had a millimeter of a second to look at my wrists and he so easily figured it out. Calm down Aleena. Why am I panicking? I'll just easily play it off and pretend to not know what he's talking about. It's Axel. It's not like he would catch on, he's too self absorbed.

"What marks?" I questioned, as I blinked a few times, faking innocence. "The marks I saw on your forearm before you quickly pulled down your sleeve?" He stated confused.

Smartass! Did he really see it that quickly? He could just be humoring me. If I remember right my forearm only showed for brief second. "I draw on myself, its a habit of mine." I drawled out easily as the lie sweetly rolled off my tongue.

I mentally gave myself a face palm. Really, Aleena? Thats the best lie you can come up with. What am I gonna do with myself?

"Ink is bad for your skin, you know." He chuckled, turning around in his seat and starting up the car. "And prying into other peoples business is bad for your soul, you know." I shot back easily, rolling my eyes. "Why do you do it anyway? First signs of rebellion?" He asked referring to the 'ink'. He was making fun of me. He was such an ass.

"It's none of your business, besides why question it when you already made a stament about it?" I question him, crossing my arms over my chest annoyed.

"Thats none of 'your' business now is it?" He grinned with mischief. In response I rolled my eyes with a half smile. I looked around and pointed to a street corner a few feet ahead of us. "Drop me off here, we're far enough."

He glanced at me with a smirk and accelerated, missing the street corner completely. I looked at him with a look of bewilderment. Axel just grinned. "Tsk tsk, didn't you forget we had an agreement?"

I scrunched my brows until I understood him. "You want to do that now?"

"What better time then now, besides I'm not a patient man." He said placing a hand on his chest before placing it back on the steering wheel. I snorted. "Patient? You're not even a man to begin with."

He glanced at me with narrowed eyes, but they still held a hint of mischief. "Does the sass ever stop?"

I pretended to think and then shook my head. "Not with you."

"Great." He drawled out, pretending to be bummed about it, but the smirk never disappeared from his lips. "I guess I'll just have to learn how to deal with you." He answered with a smile.

***

I made Axel drop me off a couple of blocks before my house. And now, looking at my humble home, I'm glad I had. As I make my way to the house, the door was wide open, almost inviting anyone in. The yells from my parents floated out as I cringed slightly. I quietly peeked though the front window. It was my dad and mom going at it again, fist to fist.  She was cussing and throwing liquor bottles at him, missing every tim. There was glass and alcohol everywhere. 

It reeked. 

I hate the smell of alcohol. My dad automatically threw the lamp at my mom and grabbed her neck, pushed her against the nearest wall. I quickly turned away, my back hitting against the cold, house wall. Although I couldn't see what was happening inside, I still closed my eyes. A habit that my body now did unconsciously. 

But instead of bones being bruised, I heard a big crash. Then a slam following it to which I flinched. I waited quietly as my hands started to shake when I didn't hear anything. Even though my mom wasn't the best, I still worried for her. I was about to get up to look when I heard my dad grunt as he walked out the door, he glanced at me from the corner of his eye in warning. I knew that if I moved now, I would be the next one one the floor inside. Once he had left his pick up truck, I peeked inside to find my mom on the ground. 

I ran in and dropped my backpack behind me. My hands gently caressed the side of her head but she smacked them away from her. She slowly started to sit up but her eyes were slowly blinking, still dazed from the hard hit her head took. A steady stream of blood fell from her temple down her face. She looked up at me and glared as she rested on her forearms, the crease on her forehead letting me know she was still in pain. 

"M-Mom? Are y-you alright?" I gently asked. She sighed annoyed and in a raspy voice cursed loudly. "This is your fault!"

She lifted her hand, and I instantly scattered away from her. I felt a sharp pain in my right hand at the sudden movement and hissed. But my gaze stayed on my mom as she got up and hovered above me. She yanked me up from my hair and shoved me towards the stairs. "Get away from me you little brat! And don't come back down, or else."

I nodded shakily and moved to grab my backpack but she clenched her jaw and gave me a warning look. "I mean it, girl! Get!" She shooed. My eyes widened and I jogged up the stairs like my life depended on it. The first thing I did was look down at my right hand and hiss. The trickle of blood oozing out from the glass shard in my hand was starting to make a mess. I better fix this, quick.

I walked into the bathroom and turned on the faucet, hesitantly putting my hand under it. It stung, but there was nothing I could do. With shaky fingers, I slowly pulled the shard of glass out of my hand. My head felt light. 

I never really liked blood either. 

Once it was clean, I got a good chance to look at it. The wound wasn't big, but it would sure affect my handwriting for a while. I had to think of a good excuse by tomorrow or else this would not turn out good. I curled my right hand to my chest while I rummaged through the cabinets looking for something to wrap it in. 

When I was satisfied with how I had treated my wound, I went to my room and lied down. Today had been a weird day. I closed my eyes and went through it again and slowly I drifted off in to sleep.

*** 

Hey there lovelies!!! Sorry for the late update but we've been so busy!! Hope you like this chapter and sorry for a bit of the gory stuff, I'm not a big fan of it either but its part of Aleena's life and it will actually make something good happen. 

Stay tuned!!