Yes Girl: 2

My eyes racked over my abdomen.

Purple and black bruises were beginning to form and every movement I made shot pain through me. What I did, didn't exactly go unpunished. I sighed and pulled a long sleeved shirt over my head carefully.

There were a small cut on my face and a bruise on my jazz, but that could easily be cover with some make up. I nodded once my appearance was deemed worthy and walk dover towards my window.

My bedroom was small and only had a few decorations. My bed was made up of two mattresses stacked on top of each other, my walls were bare and painted white. There was one cabinet that held all my clothes and a full length mirror on one wall.

I sighed at my miserably room and carefully slid out of the window. We lived in a small house that wasn't even two stories, so I could easily get out through my window. I had heard some of my dads drunk friends last night and they were most probably still here, passed out on our couch.

The walk to school was horrible. My lungs felt like they were on fire and my abdomen was sore. I pulled the hoodie of my sweater over my head as I steered through the crowd of teens as carefully as possible, until someone pushed me from behind. My hands landed in front of me saving me from the bruise I would've gotten on my cheek.

"Sorry, you weren't moving fast enough." A voice spoke up sweetly. My body froze as I heard that voice.

"Is that you Aleena?" I sat on the ground a looked up at Sheila as my hoody slide off my head, revealing my identity. Gasps were heard as people began murmuring about me. Sheila chuckled and threw a curl over her shoulder. "Gosh, I thought you would still be in the hospital."

"Sheila, will you please leave her alone?" A deep voice spoke up annoyed. My cheeks heated up as I turned to see Zane, the really, really, cute guy, giving me his hand to help me up. Sheila rolled her eyes and giggled.

"Oh come on Zane, I was just having a little fun." He ignored her as he pulled me up and into his chest, his arm sliding around my waist.

"You alright?" He asked lowly.

I gulped and nodded as the heat spread to my neck. "Peachy."

Zane smirked at me and let me go. "See you later then, peachy." I smiled which surprised me, but not as much as the locker I walked into.

I tried to catch myself, but that only made me fall even quicker. I heard laughing coming from behind the locker. My eyes narrowed at a familiar, annoying boy that was always trying to kill me.

Also known as Axel.

"What are you, stupid?" Axel mocked. He held out his hand, waiting for me to grab it. I rolled my eyes and bit his hand. "Ow! This girl is a piranha! No wonder you don't have a boyfriend."

I quickly stretched out my leg and slid it to trip him which made him fall to the ground.

"Who's stupid now?" I snickered. I stuck out my tongue out at him childishly.

"Thanks." I picked myself up and dusted off my pants. "But this piranha can pick up herself." My ribs were really sore now, but I kept my face nonchalant.

"Can you at least give me a hand?" Axel's blonde hair fell slightly in front of his big doe eyes. He looked almost so innocent.

I sighed as an internal battle began. I did trip him, the least I could do is help him.

"Fine." The hallway was mostly empty now due to class almost starting. I grabbed Axels and leaned my body weight backwards.

His lips turned up into a smirk as he pulled me down with him. My body crashed on top of his as I hissed in pain.

"What the hell!? What was that for?!"

Axel burst out laughing and sat up. He got close to my face since I was still awkwardly straddling him. His nose brushed against mine as he spoke up.

"Payback."

I rolled my eyes and pushed him away while he chuckled. We both got up simultaneously. "Ass!" I yelled as he started to walk away.

"It at least looks better than yours." he hollered causing me to scoff in return. He really is annoying. I walked furiously away until it hit me. My class was in the opposite direction, meaning I had to follow Axel.

I looked down at my phone and cursed at the time. Now was not the time to worry about my pride, I was already failing in this class I couldn't be late to it too. Without another thought, I turned around and held my head high as I walked in a fast pace.

"Back for some more already sweet cheeks?" Axel grinned. He was walking at such a slow pace, as if being late didn't matter to him. "Don't you have a class to get to?" I dodged his question. His raised eyebrow meant he knew what I did, but he let it slide.

"Nope, I have free period." He answered as he settled to my pace. "Damn you." I muttered angrily.

"Unlike you, I'm passing with flying colors. I could skip for a week and still be advanced." He smirked down at me. I rolled my eyes. "Arrogant much."

Axel shrugged. "Confidence is key."

"Confidence is one thing, arrogance is another. And for being oh-so-smart, I thought you would've known the difference." I said speeding up. I only had a minute left until the warning bell rang and I couldn't afford to be late.

"Touche."

I visible relaxed as I saw the door to my next class wide open. The teacher would sometimes be mean and lock it so the tardies wouldn't be able to slip in. "Yeah well this is my stop."

I walked quickly, almost reaching the door, when I was pulled back by my backpack. More like someone was holding my backpack so I wasn't able to go further. Axel.

"Hey! Let go butthead." I instantly felt my backpack being let go. I smirked and began walking into class when I heard his whisper come from behind me sending a shiver down my spine.

"Aleena, be careful with him."