Yes Girl: 3

Warm hands touched my shoulder. Everything around me was cold and empty, it was dark but I could still hear something. Someone.

"H-Hello?? Yes, I need an ambulance, t-there's a girl. . .I-I think she overdosed."

I sat up suddenly at the nightmare I had just had. Beads of sweat covered my forehead, my chest heaved up and down out of breath. That voice, it sounded so familiar. But nobody was there that night, I made sure of that.

It was empty.

Even if there was someone there why would they help me? I was Aleena, the girl that would always fall and bump into things. The girl that was never invited anywhere. The girl that was afraid to speak, that even if she did speak, all that would come out was stutters filled with gibberish and awkward words. The girl who's friends stabbed her in the back, and who's parents  abused her at home.

The nurse had said someone had been brought her in but wanted to keep their identity hidden. But why? Was it bad for their reputation? For them to be known as the person that saved me? I shook my head as darker thoughts filled my mind. I looked around my room and sighed as I rubbed my sleepy eyes.

"What time is it?" I look over at my small drawer next to my bed. My vision was still a bit blurry, but I was able to make out the large red blinking numbers.

4:36 am

I pulled the blanket over my head and tried to go back to sleep, but it was no use. I couldn't go back to sleep. Great. Just great!

I groaned as I got out of my warm bed and my feet hit the cold floor. I know this wasn't going to help me sleep, in any case it was worse, but I need to vent out what I had just dreamt. I reached the other end of my room and quietly turned on my lights.

My eyes squinted at the bright lights as I looked around my room for what I needed. When my vision cleared, I spotted my slipers near my door. I quickly slip them on, loving the fuzziness and cozyness and comfort of my slippers.

It's too early to get ready, school doesn't start for another couple of hours. I glance over my walls, looking at all the hung up paintings I've done over the years. Of course, I only put my best ones up.

I looked over at my paints and paintbrushes. It would kill the time and I could try to draw who I saw in my dream. I nodded at myself and got some all my utensils. The only problem was that I couldn't remember the person in my dream, even the voice sounded fuzzy.

I got my brush out and started stroking and dabbing colors on top colors. I got out a sponge and pricked at the paint a bit. I thought I would be able to make out what I saw but even when I painted the pictures in my head, it was a fog of blur.

Giving up on putting a face to the figure I had painted, I decided to get ready for school. The hours had passed quickly while I had been concentrating hard on my painting. I picked out some clothes and did my usual morning routine.

I brushed out my hair and took a deep breath, looking at myself in the mirror. Time to face the world.

I swung my backpack over my shoulder loosely and jogged down the stairs quietly. If my parents were still asleep, I'm sure they wouldn't want to be woken up by my loud feet. I grabbed and apple and rubbed it against my shirt until it shined.

Taking a big bite to hold onto the apple with my mouth, I grabbed my keys and walked out the door. I was glad my parents weren't awake, though my step dad had been sleeping on the couch with a beer bottle in hand.

While walking to school, I saw a car following me from a few blocks down. It was slowing down too and going to my walking speed. Cue the loud honks the driver got from other cars wanting to go to their designated locations.

I turned around and faced the car, ignoring the warning bells inside my head that kept telling me that I was gonna get kidnapped if I didn't keep walking. I crossed my arms so I would look stronger than I was. The car parked close to the sidewalk and rolled down the windows.

A mischievous grin made my brain wake up. Familiar doe eyes and a blonde haired boy stared back at me. I sighed as I felt an eyeroll.

Axel.

Ugh what does he want now?

"What's with that face?" He scoffs, pretending to be hurt.

"Keep rolling your eyes and they'll stay stuck up in your head forever." I turned my body now completely towards his car window.

"At least I won't have to look at your ugly face again." He chuckles.

"I don't know what your talking about I'm hot," he said pretending to flip his hair over his shoulder.

I snorted. "Your ugly as hell."

"Is that any way to talk to someone who's offering you a ride?" Axel asked with a brow raised.

My eyes widened. He's playing, he's not really going to give me a ride right?  I hid my confuse face with a stern annoyed look.

"Like hell you would." I said in disbelief. He smirked and unlocked his doors automatically.

"I can walk thank you very much." I wanted to eat at him with sass. Of course I wanted a ride, but I would never say it out loud. I crossed my arms and straighten my back, sticking my chest out to appear strong.

He chuckled "If you say so angel."

Where did that name come from? Whatever, I grinned in triumph. As I start my walk again I notice a drop of water then another and another. The next thing I knew it was pouring.

Ugh, seriously? By the time I get to school, I'll be soaking. I felt like going back and sliding into Axel's car, but my pride would never let me. I quickly erased that idea out if my mind, but it kept flooding back as I see his red truck pass by.

Wait, damn it! I exclaimed in my mind, mad at myself. Well there goes my chance.

As I was walking a few blocks replaying how I got myself in this situation, I see a familer face in a beautiful burgundy corvette. It sled near the curb, its tinted windows slowly rolling down almost dramatically.

My heart flipped out of my chest as I gazed into an icy blue eyed and familiar black haired boy.

Zane.

I tried making myself presentable by plastering my wet hair away from my face. The rain had really started pouring and got me almost soaked to the bone.

He looked at me concerned, as he quickly jumped out of his car. Zane wrapped his jacket around me as he spoke gently, making me shiver.

"Need a ride, peachy girl?" My cheeks heated at the sound of his silky voice saying that embarrassing nickname.

"You know taking a morning walk." I breathed out. He chuckled. "It is a beautiful morning isn't it? Come on."

He walked me to the passenger seat and closed my door. The heat in the car felt like a fuzzy blanket I had at home. The heat worked wonders. I suddenly realized the situation I was in. His car smelled like expensive cologne and the inside of his car was just as nice as it was in the outside.

My heart plotter and my cheeks flushed. Me, in Zane Coleman's car. The car ride was awkward and silent. I was finally able to breath as I exited the car given by the gods.

Sheila stood at the front of the school with her arms crossed sending daggers towards us. I quickly got out of the car and ran inside to my first class.

I didn't want to be in Sheila's list. So I was to stand clear of her and especially her boy toy, Zane.