Forgotten

Chapter 26

When Legolas woke up, the first thing he felt were the arms around his waist, restraining him. On instinct, made even faster by the fear running through his veins, he jerked his leg up to hit whoever was restraining him in a certain area.

Thranduil was awakened by a sudden agony from between his legs. With an exclamation of pain, he rolled off the bed, curling in on himself.

"Man i Valar, Laegolas!" /What the Valar, Greenleaf!/ He yelled, writhing on the floor.

"Ada?" Legolas questioned, trying to roll over but wincing when it pulled at the stitches on his wounds. He carefully pushed himself up.

"Was that you, Ada?" Legolas asked. He couldn't help but smother a laugh at his father's current un-kingly state. "Sorry," he added mildly.

Elrond, the twins, Aragorn, Gimli, and Glorfindel entered the room, having come when they heard Thranduil's shout. They stared for ten awkward seconds before the twins burst out laughing. The others joined in. Legolas tried to hold it in, knowing it would cause him pain.

"Hilarious," Thranduil moaned sarcastically, giving up writhing and settling for lying on the floor. "Absolutely hilarious." This only served to make everyone laugh louder.

"W-what...happened?" Elrond asked between chuckles.

"My own son kicked me!" Thranduil exclaimed. "Hard!"

Legolas couldn't hold back a short laugh at that, which was abruptly cut off when the stab wound on his stomach protested. "I said I was sorry! What else do you want me to do?"

Thranduil sat up slowly, wincing.

"The pain," he said dramatically, flopping back down in mock agony. "It's killing me."

"I refuse to believe that the noble king of Eryn Lasgalen could be defeated in such an unbefitting way," Legolas said, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Oh, yes?" Thranduil said, a matching light in his eyes. "And I, too, have trouble believing that the kindhearted, accepting, well to do Prince of Eryn Lasgalen would incapacitate his loving father in such a way."

Legolas smiled widely, and shrugged his good shoulder.

"You were wrong," he said. "I just did."

"It seems I was," Thranduil said, putting a hand over his heart. "My only son is not as he seems! He is a foolish little elfling who loves to kill his—"

He had been about 'Ada with his little tricks', but the sudden look of surprise and pain on Legolas's face made him pause.

"Nana," Legolas said quietly, looking up at him. The grief in his eyes bore into Thranduil's soul. "I am a foolish little elfling who killed his Nana."

"Oh, Legolas," Thranduil said. "I'm sorry. You know that's not what I meant, Legolas—"

"Yet it is the truth," Legolas said, staring out the window with glazed eyes. "And the truth is what defines a person."

"We need to get him to Lothlorien," Elrond said to Thranduil. "We need to get the cure to the poison, and quickly."

"Aye," Thranduil said. Legolas didn't seem to be completely lucid, and he guessed that it was the poison's fault.

"Legolas?" he said, turning to his son. "We're going to Lothlorien, and then we will get the cure to the poison. Then you'll be alright again."

"Aye," Legolas said, staring at his father with glassy eyes. "We shall go to Lothlorien."

"Alright..." Thranduil said, feeling uncomfortable under his son's empty gaze. "Well, let's go. Can you stand up, Legolas?"

"Yes," Legolas said. He staggered to his feet.

And fell right back to the ground.

Elrond jumped forward in surprise, and he rolled Legolas quickly onto his back. His eyes were closed.

"He must've passed out," Elrond said.

"What just happened?" Aragorn asked. "What was wrong with him?"

"I don't know," Elrond replied, looking sadly upon Legolas's still form. "It must be a side effect of the poison."

"All the more reason to get the cure," Glorfindel said. "We must leave for Lothlorien now!"

They all left the room, murmuring their assent. They separated, and, on unspoken agreement, went to their rooms to pack.

Thranduil brought Legolas to the room in which he was staying. He carefully made a small pack that contained some clothes for himself, provided by the elves of Rivendell, and other things he would need. He took a few of the smaller garments among the choices laid out for him and packed them as well, for Legolas. He didn't know how he should feel about the fact that his son was nearly his size, but for some reason it saddened him.

He joined the rest of the group in the courtyard. The band of travelers was to consist of Elrond, Elladan, Elrohir, Glorfindel, Aragorn, Gimli, himself, and Legolas. There were already horses prepared for everyone. Legolas would ride in front of Thranduil, and if he recovered enough to ride on his own, he would take the horse that was currently carrying their supplies. Gimli rode behind Aragorn.

"Let us go!" Elladan and Elrohir called at the same time. "To Lothlorien!"

"Aye!" called the rest of the group. Thranduil gave Legolas's limp body to Elrond, swung onto his horse, and took his son and placed him comfortably in front of him. He put one arm on the horse's neck and the other around Legolas's chest.

They rode off into the woods at a steady pace, slightly faster than a walk. It was not too slow of a pace, but neither was it as fast as Thranduil would've liked.

It was a few hours later, when the sun was beginning to drift below the horizon and they had gone many leagues, that Legolas finally stirred. The first sign of his awakening was a small groan.

"Legolas?"

Legolas groaned again, and Thranduil motioned for the company to stop. He dismounted and lay Legolas on the ground. The rest of the group gathered around them.

"Legolas, ion-nin, please open your eyes," Thranduil said. Legolas opened his eyes, and the words that came out of his mouth next startled everyone.

"Who are you?"

A/N: OMGOSH I can't believe I just did that! D:. Poor Lego and Thrandy and everyone else!

Also *dodges flying rocks* please don't kill me!