Veela Charms

DracoxHermione (I won't be writing this again because this is my utter noTP so sorry)

Draco had tried, he really had. But those stupid powers wouldn't calm themselves, and everyone was staring horribly. It wasn't the fearful, submissive stares he usually got. It was of lust, and it was driving him mad.

His mother had been the person he had gained his Veela genes from, but she had been in no place to teach him. He had visited her in the first day since the holidays and had been greeted with something he never expected.

Her eyes were red, her clothes crumpled, and she looked like she hadn't washed in days. All because her mate had gone to Azkaban. He shuddered. He would have to stay away from any possible mates.

He would never, ever let anyone have that much control over him. He controlled himself, and the thought of the darker side of his Veela coming out like his mothers all because one person was gone... He shook his head. His mother was upset, she would get over it.

But, the point was, she wasn't in a safe state at the moment, and she couldn't teach Draco how to control these charms that were effecting the people around him in this way. He kept his head down, trying harder and harder, but no one stopped staring. Not once.

He walked over to the only empty section he could find on the train. He sat down, closed his eyes, and focused on the magic flowing out of him, trying to pull it back in. It didn't budge.

'Merlin, Draco, when did you get so ho- Wait what?' Blaise shook his head feebly, but Draco noticed the way his eyes roamed up and down his body eagerly, and groaned. Blaise blinked, but didn't quite go back to normal.

'Inheritance.' He snapped, as a sense of understanding drifted over Blaise's face. 'Bloody sexy Veela.' Muttered the boy. 'I'm right here.' Draco tried to hold the venom out of his voice, for his best friend, but all of this staring was really getting to him.

Of course, the only way to stop it was either to meet his mate, or learn to control it, so his only chances were immediately off the table. The door slid open again, and Pansy walked in, staring without shame.

'Oh, Draciepoo, when did you get so sexy?' She said seductively, clearly trying to catch Draco's attention. Unfortunately, only his mate would be able to do that, and it was apparently not Pansy. She slipped over to the seat beside him, biting her lip.

She slipped her small hands around his arm and whispered in his ear. 'We should spend a little time together, Dray-Dray.' Cringing away from her, Draco replied, 'Not now, Pansy.'

His charms apparently made her revert to her "Creepy-Stalker-Crush" phase she had went though in fourth year. Thankfully, she had grown up a little, and was now quite good friends with him.

'It's fine, i'll be there for you whenever. You. Want.' She pulled away slowly, deliberately swinging her hips when she slid gracefully out of the compartment. Draco shuddered, feeling slightly sick. 'I'm just gonna go for a walk.'

'Make sure you don't get attacked on the way out.' Draco grimaced. The sarcasm was heavy in his voice, but he knew that the actual chances were high. He slipped out of the compartment, and walked down the cool corridor, using all of his will-power not to tell his audience to well and truly bugger off.

As soon as he got half way down, a door opened and a determined looking Slytherin stepped out, eyes hungry. Draco froze for a second, and quickly turned on his heel, heading straight down the corridor. The Slytherin didn't stop moving for a second, and stayed on Draco's trail.

He turned into the last compartment, knowing it was his only chance. As soon as he breached the threshold, a beautiful smell overwhelmed him. It was a mixture of fresh parchment, newly cut grass and something else... Vanilla, maybe? He felt a knot he had never noticed before unravel in his stomach, and he quickly turned his head towards the smell.

There they were, his future mate in all their glory. He felt a stab of disbelief. This was the last person on Earth he would ever have wanted. It was that disgusting Mudblood.

Her horrid bushy hair was was pulled back into a ponytail, and he couldn't help but notice her ridiculous teeth were no longer sticking out like they used to. Even as he thought the words he felt his stomach twist painfully, as if berating him for his unkind words.

Granger, he thought, call her Granger. His heart clenched at the sight of her shocked face, something he was sure he would never get enough of. He left quickly, only just taking in the lost looking Slytherin outside of the door.

He was down the corridor faster than he thought was physically possible. He slammed into the door, slid it open so fast it smacked into the side of the door and shoved it closed with strength he could only guess came with his Veela inheritance. Blaise looked up, shocked.

'Wait, how did you stop the Veela thing?' Draco's breathing was coming quick and short, so he sat down heavily on the chair and closed his eyes. 'I...' Draco hesitated for a second, trying to think of a plausible lie with his dazed and slow brain.

'I almost got molested on the way out. I guess i just stopped it without realising.' Blaise seemed dubious, but he let it go. He released a sigh of relief when Pansy came in, apologised dearly, and chatted with his quite calmly, and he was reminded, with a content sigh, how nice it was to be talking to his friends.

Somewhere, in the back of his mind, he heard a quiet voice. 'It would be better if Granger was here.'

*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.*.+.

Hermione shook her head vaguely. She had been feeling pretty horrible lately, but she had just had a sudden dizzy spell, something she hadn't felt before. She ignored the worried faces of her friends, and clutched her book closer to her chest.

Suddenly, her felt a wave of nausea, and her arm shot out to grab the thing nearest to her. This happened to be an arm. I tingle swept up her body, and the pain that had recently been filling her body stopped. She looked up into the mystifying grey eyes of Draco Malfoy, only just taking in the sight of pale blond hair and slightly shimmering skin before he was gone, and sickness filled her stomach again.

Without paying any mind to the boys shouting her name behind her, she ran after Malfoy, looking for that same freedom she had felt just moments to go. Hermione knew she was gaining on him, because the pain was lessening more and more the closer she got.

Eventually she found herself in an empty corridor, although she could feel Malfoy was close because the sickness had eased considerably. Her body was acting completely on impulse, but her mind was racing. In the corners of her thoughts rationality was talking, things like why she was feeling like this, why Malfoy was helping it, and why she was allowing him to, but the main thought present in her mind was to find the person the made her feel okay.

She felt herself be forced around and pushed against the wall. As soon as her head hit the cold stone, a thought hit her. Specifically, an excerpt from a book. She could only remember words, but one of the things that really stuck out at her was mate.

Her mind rushed faster, thinking about possibilities and statistics, things that she decided weren't particularly important seconds later, when she felt a warm breath on her cheek.

A delicious smell was wrapping around her, filling up her senses, and she was sure there was a buzzing sound in her ears. She looked up into cold mercury eyes, examining pale skin and platinum hair, and listening to whispered words in her ear.

'Please stay away from me. I can't- I won't- Just, please.' Then it was gone. The warmth, the smell, the sound and the tingling feeling the was slowly draining out of her body, as if teasing her that it was ever there at all.

The only thing that had came back was the nausea and pain, and the newly added feeling of shock, rejection, and loss.

Something she would be quite happy to live without.