Memories

RemusxSirius   RemusxTonks   SiriusxMarleneM

Harry's POV

I knew it was what Lupin would have wanted, and Teddy was definitely old enough, and he knew how to navigate through a pensive now, so it was the right time. I just wanted to make sure Teddy was ready.

It involved Lupin's teenage years and, well, let's say not all of them were for other people's eyes. Lupin had added the memories in quite a hurry, so he hadn't really had time to think about which ones were going in and which ones weren't. I just hoped Teddy wouldn't mind what he found out about his father.

'Ted, will you come here a second?' I shouted down the stairs. I heard his footsteps and smiled when i saw him peek through the door, his face curious. His gaze moved to the pensive in front of me and his face lit up.

'Are we looking at some more of your memories, Uncle Harry?' He asked, jogging over to stand beside me. 'Not mine, no, these are you fathers. He put some of these in, in a bit of a rush so some of these are a bit, uh, well-' Teddy obviously realised what i was trying to say, because his face twisted in disgust and he looked back at the pensive with a bit of reluctance.

'Look, when you get uncomfortable, you can skip it, and move onto the next one.' Teddy simply nodded his head and walked over, and i watched as his face disappeared into the light water.

Teddy's POV

As soon as my nose touched the water i felt myself being sucked into the dark depths of the pool. There was trails of light swimming around me as i spun and flipped until i hit a seat.

A patterned, velvet seat that i recognised as the seats from the Hogwarts Express. Beside me was a young boy with faint scars all over his hands and face, holding a book and reading through it carefully. My Dad.

Then, unexpectedly, two boys burst through the door, laughing madly and wiping tears from their eyes. When they calmed down, they looked at my Dad and stuck theirs hands out.

'James Potter. This is Sirius Black. What's your name?' Said one of the boys. He had messy black hair and black metal-rimmed glasses. He had dark hazel eyes that were alight with mischief, and i realised just how much he looked like my Uncle Harry. When people said my Uncle Harry looked like his dad, they weren't kidding. The only difference was their eyes.

Sirius however, had dark brown wavy hair that came to just above his shoulders. He had light grey eyes that seemed to sparkle with excitement, very different from the more recent pictures i had seen of him.

They were both quite tall (James was skinnier than Sirius, who was slightly stockier), but neither reached the height of my father. My Dad shook both their hands and replied. 'Nice to meet you. I'm Remus Lupin.'

Then, Sirius asked the all important question that undoubtedly created their friendship. 'Do you like pranking?' My dad seemed thoughtful for a moment, before he nodded.

James and Sirius grinned and i couldn't help but smirk as the world around me vanished and swirled, being replaced by a view of the Black Lake, with two boys leaning against a tree. One was reading a book, a small smile on his face, the other studying his friend closely. My father seemed not to notice his Sirius' prolonged staring, he just kept reading his book, occasionally flipping the page.

'Moony?' Whispered Sirius. My Dad lay his book down on his knees and looked over to Sirius. 'Look, i-i have to, uh, tell you something?' Tried Sirius, but it came out more as a question.