Prologue

I walk into the edgy shoe store at the center of the mall. It is fairly crowded because there is a twenty-five percent off sale going on right now. Today is actually the last day, so I figured I would come and buy some shoes while the prices are still knocked down. I am a cheap person; I absolutely hate paying full price for things. I try to have a coupon with me everywhere I go because I like saving money. I am not so big on spending money itself just because I have it in my pocket to throw around. I work hard for my money and the least I can do is buy myself something nice for school.

School starts next week and it is going to be my very last year of high school. I want to go out with a bang and not come to school looking like a bum half the time. I actually want to look decent because I feel like every other senior is going to. So, I have to step up my game if I actually want to have a good year. There is nothing wrong with wanting to look good for yourself, or treating yourself to nice things—like new shoes and outfits.

I look at the all different types of shoes, before an employee comes up to me.

"Anything I can help you with today?" He says.

I turn my head to tell him 'no', but then I take a look at his attractive face and nod my head. I stupidly grab a white shoe and ask him if the store carries them in a size six.

"Anything else I can get?" He says with a smile.

He has these dazzling green eyes that just pop out in every way against his tan skin. How can someone be this good looking? I can barely make eye contact with him because of the simple fact that he is cute. I bet he thinks I am crazy right now because I keep staring off at the walls behind him or the shoes on said walls. It is not everyday I come across a green eyed, black haired cutie that wears his hair in a bun on the top of his head.

"No, that'll be all." I shake my head and he walks away with the shoe in his hand. I finally release a breath I did not know I was holding when he walks away.

He comes back with the correct shoe size and I realize that the shoe I picked out actually is not that bad. I try them on and they fit, so I let him ring me up.

"Have a good day." He says, as he hands me my bag and receipt.

"Thanks, you too." I finally make direct eye contact with him. His eyes are so beautiful and so is his face. It is the reason I cannot stop thinking about him, even when I go on with the rest of my day.