Chapter 5: Challenges

Gray's POV

"Move."

"No, you move first."

"... Are you serious?"

"Of course I am. I got this first."

And we had a staring contest. We all decided to eat first and surprisingly, Natsu chose an All-You-Can-Eat buffet at a restaurant here at the Town Mall. And right now, Juvia and I were eyeing on the last piece of chicken nugget on a plate. Our chopsticks are on the chicken nugget and we had a deadly staring contest.

"Fullbuster, move your hand away. I clearly got it first." She said in a serious tone.

While I replied in my low and husky voice, "No. I got it first so you should be the one who needs to let go first."

Others looked at us as if they were pitying the two of us. Heck, it's even worse at school you dorks. Though, we kinda looked like kids who are fighting over a piece of chicken nugget.

Still, I won't lose.

"Sheesh, stop acting childish you two. Here, Gray. You can take mine. Let Juvia take the other one." Natsu suddenly appeared in the middle of us and gave me one of his chicken nuggets.

And that's when Juvia quickly snatched the chicken nugget we were fighting for earlier. She smirked as she took a bite on the chicken nugget as she gave me a wink and walks out.

Ugh, I swear that that girl gets on my nerve all the time.

I sighed furiously and walked to an empty table and started eating. I should've gone home. Yes, I should've but I couldn't resist the snow cones. Natsu better buy me snow cones later or else he'll get it.

So, I guess I'll waste an entire day with Natsu and his girlfriend and his girlfriend's best friend who is one of the people I despise.

.

.

.

Damn. It.

"Gray, sorry about my friend. She's just the type who doesn't want to get close to guys." Lucy said as she took a seat opposite from mine. "You see, she—"

"Hon! Help me finish all of these." And Natsu appeared. He was holding 2 plates full of food. Sheesh. What's with his stomach? And what? He wants Lucy to help him finish it?

Lucy sighed. "Natsu, I can't believe you. Anyway, I should accompany Juvia in the other table since she doesn't want to eat here." She stood up and left the two of us hanging right here.

What does she want to say to me before Natsu came?

***

"Time for shopping~!" Lucy cheered and even clapped her hands in excitement. We're at the department store right now and I already feel bored.

"Does this look good on me?" Natsu asked as he grabbed a red sweater and he aligns it with his body to check if it fits him.

I heard Juvia sighing so I took a glance at her. Her earphones were at her ears and I bet it's in a lower volume since she could hear Natsu and Lucy talking. "They shouldn't have invited us. They could've done this by themselves."

"Yeah." That slipped out from my mouth.

We both stared at each other.

.

.

.

I glared and she glared back. Why did I answer her? I should've ignored her. I quickly looked away from her before she says something else or before Natsu and Lucy could notice something.