Chapter 1

Dedicated to Navory because she's awesome

Chapter 1

I sat on the school clinic’s bed as the nurse wrapped a bandage around my bruised head. “Is it bad?” I asked, I knew it was from the pain it caused.

“It’s not a very large bruise but there is a bit of a cut on it, I’ll be sending you home to rest, you still have a long while until school’s dismissed,” she replied with a sad smile, I’ve been here for the same reason and cause a lot of times. I gave her a smile back, “that’d be great.”

She gave me a slip so I could go home and dismissed me. I got my backpack and walked to the school’s entrance/exit. The hallways were quiet and empty; everyone must’ve been in class. After the incident, the teachers sent me to the school’s nurse and everyone else was sent to class.

I slowly opened the large metal door and walked out, down the stairs. My mom was already in front of the school, the nurse or possibly principal must’ve called her.

I walked up to our car and sat on the passenger’s seat next to my mom. The ride home was quiet, until my mom started a conversation.

“You have to start standing up for yourself Melody,” she started. “You know that I’m trying mom, it’s just hard when you don’t have a friend,” I said, on the verge of crying.

She kept quiet, signaling me to go on. “I’m always pushed around, I’m lonely, people make fun of me, I’m tired of all this!” I couldn’t keep it in anymore, so I cried, just in time because we were already in front of our house. She killed the engine and hugged me.

“Everything’ll be fine,” she said as she kissed my forehead; but I know what she said wasn’t very true.

We walked out of the car and I wiped my tears. We went up the front steps and my mom unlocked the door. My dad’s car wasn’t at the house yet, which meant that he was still at work.

Our house wasn’t very big, nor was it small. It was a perfect house for a family of five- my parents, my twin brother and sister and I. My older siblings were still at school, which explained why it was so quiet at home.

(if in case you have the memory of a goldfish, I was sent home early)

I walked in the house, kissed my mom’s cheek and went upstairs to the privacy of my bedroom. I locked the door and sat down on my light blue-covered bed. I took my diary off the bedside table filled with unnecessary items and start writing in black ink.

24 March 2012

Dear Diary,

Going to school in Melbrook High isn’t very nice, especially the people. Only one month into the school year, I’ve gotten countless bruises, nicknames (not nice ones) and other things that weren’t what I thought the school year would start with.

I don’t have any friends; people don’t really appreciate people who actually care about real life and not just partying and popularity.

I miss Mia very dearly, wish I could see her again, she will always be a true friend ‘till the end. Now, you’re my only friend, may seem sad but you’re all I’ve got. Oh how I wish you could reply to these messages I send you.

I got a bad bruise on my head. I was just minding my own business when the three usual guys came and hit me. They pushed me against the lockers, forcing me to give them money.

No one stood up for me, they just laughed and stared. Wish I had a friend, but not one to make me feel weak, to make me stronger and help me get through all this.

I guess life isn't all that fair huh?

Love,

Melody 

I sighed and started changing my clothes for dinner. I must’ve taken a while because by the time I was done showering it was already noisy downstairs; my brother and sister were home.

Alright, hold on. Let me tell you something about my siblings. My brother, Aiden, was our school’s star quarterback, popular, charming and surprisingly a genius; almost everything that I wasn’t.

My sister (the oldest), Abigail, was one of the nicest, but also meanest at times, cheerleaders you’d ever meet, though we argued a lot of times, she always got my back and was always ready to kick butts.

My siblings were both great looking, they had light brown hair, bright hazel eyes that would sometimes turn iridescent, and were both 5’10.

I was a bit shorter that them both, standing at 5'7. My eyes were identical to my mom's, and my hair was a shade of brown, which looked red/ginger sometimes . They're both tanned, while I was a shade lighter than them.

I smiled to myself and made my way down the stairs; dinner was served. My dad hugged and kissed my forehead as I sat down beside my sister. She immediately saw my covered head but stayed quiet, which was a sign that she would be asking me more after dinner.  

Our parents finished serving the table and sat down across of each other, my dad nearer to my side. We started eating dinner quietly, but mom started asking questions about school.

By the time we finished dinner, it was already 7 p.m., and our parents went to watch TV with Aiden while Abigail and I went to her room.

She locked her door and sat on her bed to join me, heck, she even had a TV in her room. “So baby sister,” she started, “tell me the news.”

She took a bowl of chips and a pint of vanilla ice cream; this was going to take a while, maybe even all night.

---

Photo is of Melody's sister, Abigail

Hey hey hey!!! This is the first chapter of my based-on-a-true-one story, Dear Melody. This chapter, in my opinion, isn't so short nor so long but I don't know.

Hope you like the first chapter! Keep reading to see what'll happen next, some new characters will be introduced ;)