I smiled politely at her ready to just move away from this situation. "Thanks."

"If you ever need anymore help with anything here is my number."  I watched her scribble down some numbers on my hand with a pen she had in her pocket, and signed it with her name, Abigail.  

The she continued by saying,"Just give me a call and maybe we can go out sometime."

I watched her face become less confident, when she noticed my face fall, and scrunch up a bit.

He checks went red, and then she said quickly,"Oh, I'm sorry!  I guess I never really thought about the fact that you might already have a girlfriend.  Not that i want to be your girlfriend!  I mean we can just be friends or whatever. . .Wait, do you have a girlfriend?"

She waited for me to say something, and after a few seconds I said,"Sorry, love, but I am taken."

Her face got more flushed and  I started to feel a bit bad for her.  I wanted to move over and hug her to make her feel better, but then she said,"Oh, well alright.  I hope she treats you well."

I smiled at her as I thought about Louis and said,"He does."

Her eyes that were directed at the ground flashed up to mine, and then I realized what I had said.  Oops!

"Wait, I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you umm. . .gay?", Abigail said with her eye searching my face for an answer.

I hesitated for an answer to explain this, but decided to just tell the truth.  I mean no one else was really here this late that I knew, and she didn't know me so why not.  I mean for a few days I had sort of been coming to the conclusion that I was gay my whole life, but always just thought that me being freaked out a bit by girls would just be a phase, but I guess Louis changed all that, huh?  So for the first time ever I said smiling brightly at her,"Yeah I am, actually.  I have a boyfriend named Louis."

I saw her smile back at me sweetly and then she said,"Aww!  That's so sweet!  Can I see what he looks like?"

I reached for my phone in my back pocket and then opened up a picture i had snapped of him today at work.  He was sitting by the window looking outside, he looked so happy in the sunlight so I decided to take a quick picture of him while he wasn't looking.

I held my phone in front of her so she could see and she said,"Well, dang!  Why have I had the misfortune of seeing to cute guys and find that they are both gay."

I just laughed at her comment, and said,"Don't worry not all of the cute guys are gay.  I am sure someone as beautiful as you will find someone in a heartbeat."

Both our heads snapped up when we heard the intercom say that the store would be closing in 10 minutes.

Abigail grabbed her cart, and said,"Thanks.  I hope you and Louis have a wonderful time together, and if you ever want to just chat, go ahead and give me a call."