Austin

Friday, October 27th

Cambull High

12:30 p.m

"Austin babe" Savannah says as she grabs a hold of my arm. "Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure"

"I need Jaden, Brandon, and you to play a little prank on Camila for me" I turn to look at her suspiciously. "Oh c'mon Austin. You three use to play a prank on every new kid during elementary school and we haven't had a new transfer since then" I stay silent and watch as her sweet features turn aggressive. "If you don't do this we're over and I mean it Austin"

"I have one question. Why are you like this towards her?" I ask not being able to hold back. She opens her mouth to say something but I cut her her off. "You've never even spoken to her in person and I've seen how you've made her life a living hell. You make think I don't see it but I do" I blurt out as she stares back at me in shock.

"Can't you see. She's stealing you away from me. Even if me and her have never spoken, she still knows that me and you are together and that doesn't seem to stop her from taking you" she says as she begins to dig her nails in my arm.

"I am not an item that you can fight over. I am a person and you need to understand that I love you, not her"

"Then prove it. If you love me do this prank" hearing her say this made me notice something. She hasn't said she loved me back in a while. Actually I've been the one telling her I love her but she doesn't say it back. She's constantly making me prove my love for her without her even telling me she loves me.

Does she even love me?

"If that's what it takes then I'll do the prank" I say as Savannah tackles me with kisses.

"Thank you babe"

**********

Cambull High

5:00 p.m

"I have a plan" Jaden says as he juggles the soccer ball with his feat.

"And would that be?" Brandon asks.

We've been trying to think of a plan for the past half hour. I'm hesitant about doing the prank but I can't back out now.

"I say we scare her a bit"

"No" I say unconsciously.

"What do you mean no?" Jaden as as he kicks the soccer ball towards my face but block it with my hands.

"I know how capable you are when it comes to scaring people Jaden. You take things too far" Brandon nods his head in agreement.

"As if" Jaden scoffs. "Well we have to do something good. Savannah wants this to be a great prank"

"And how do you know what she wants?" I ask as I stand up straight. But Jaden uoestn back down, he walks closer to me until we're face to face.

"I know more than you think" he says with a smirk. I push him back and he stumbles a bit but regains his balance. I use this chance to punch him, landing it right on his jaw.

"Alright that's enough" Brandon gets in between us grabs both of us by our shirts. "You two need to stop. Get a grip of yourselves. We have a reputation to protect and it all goes down to this one prank"

"Well I still think we should scare her...If she wants to pretend to be fearless, let's see how fearless she really is" Jaden says.

"And how do plan on scaring her?" Brandon ask as he lets go of our shirts.

"Austin. You've talked to her more than us, you must know a way" Jaden says as fixes his shirt.

"I don't want to do this stupid dare to begin with" I say as I turn to walk away.

"Alright. But if you want some credit at least tell us where we can find her" Brandon says calmly. I stop in my tracks and try to think of where she could be. I'm not sure about whether I should tell them or not.

You can't back out now.

"She's at MJ's"

**********

Austin's House

6:47 p.m

My room is the only place I can think of going to. I slam the door shut and throw myself on my bed.

Was it right to let them do the prank?

Should I of told them where she was?

Nah it's alright. You don't care

Do I?

You love Savannah

But doesn't she love me?

Do I truly love her? or do I love the thought of her?

I try to occupy myself by playing video games but my mind can't help but wander to one person...Camila.

Why do I think of her so much?

Why do I care?!

I turn on my speaker and begin to blast music as loud as I can, in an attempt to drown out my thoughts. As the music blasts through my room everything else is nonexistent.

"Austin!" I hear Luke yell as the music goes silent. I turn to see him confused, yet angry at the same time.

"Oh sorry. I didn't hear you get home" I say bluntly.

"Of course you didn't. What's up with you lately?" he asks as he shuts my room door behind him.

"Nothing dude. Why are you home?" I ask changing the subject.

"I was with Camila" I feel my jaw clench but quickly try to hide any signs of emotions.

He's always with her.

"Well aren't you two close"

"Austin-" he begins to say but I cut him off.

"Does she know why you had to redo this school year?" I ask, but I already knew the answer as soon as Luke went silent. "She doesn't know does she. Why haven't you told her?"

"Because"

"Because what Luke? You're scared of what she'll think once she knows the truth?" I wasn't the only one with an internal fight. I know Luke and he kept this so hidden that no one, not even people at school know the truth as to why he's a senior in high school instead of a freshman in college. "You have to grow up and be there for her...and I'm not talking about Camila"

"I'm scared. What I did is unforgivable. I left her when she needed me the most" Luke says as he avoids eye contact.

"There is still time. They both need you Luke. And it's time you tell Camila"

"You're right. I'll tell her soon" he says as he opens my room door. "You know it's funny how I came to help you but instead you helped me" he pauses before he continues. "Thanks little bro"I smile and watch as he closes my room door shut. Even after all of that she's still in my mind.

Camila, what have you done to me?!