Austin

Friday, September 29th

Austin's House

12:30 a.m

I rush into the house and close the front door behind me. It's silent, almost too silent. I lock the door and walk into the kitchen for a small snack before I go to bed. I turn on the light to see Luke sitting on a chair by the island with a cookie in his hand.

"You're late" he says, but what catches me off guard is how stern his voice is.

"I know, I'm sorry" I apologize as I open a cabinet. Before I can reach in to grab a snack it is slammed shut almost crushing my hand. "What the hell Luke!" I yell.

"You shouldn't be apologizing to me idiot. Last time I checked I'm not the person you invited over and then stood up" I can feel the intensity in his eyes. He's never acted like this, except for that one time after the party.

"Does this have anything to do with Camila?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Just so you know she only called me an asshole because she had no idea who you were" he says as he pushes past me, bumping into my shoulder.

"Look it was an accident. You know how Savannah gets when she doesn't get her way" I say defensively. Luke knows Savannah almost as well as I do.

"I get it, you two have a relationship where you both have the same amount of power and authority. But right now it seems like she controls every single little thing in your life Austin. What are you going to do when Savannah isn't there anymore? Keep following her like a puppy and you're bound to find out" with that Luke walks out of the kitchen leaving me to wallow in my thoughts.

**********

Camila's House

8:00 a.m

What the hell am I doing here?

I don't know why but I found myself in front of Camila's house early in the morning. I want to apologize for what I did yesterday but I wasn't sure how. In my defense, Camila isn't the easiest person to approach. I grip onto my backpack tighter than I should.

What the hell? I'm the Austin Park. I can do this.

I walk up to her door and ring the doorbell. I stare at the red door nervously waiting for it to open. It swings open after a few seconds to reveal Camila. Her lilac hair shines bright as the sun hits us. She looks up at me with tired eyes. I notice as her hazel eyes look like caramel in the sunlight.

"What are you doing here?" she asks.

"I wanted to apologize for yesterday" I just watched as she rolled her eyes and slammed the door in my face.

"Go away!" she yelled from the other side.

I wait for a while and realize that she's not going to open the door anytime soon, so I turn around and walk to school. I walk through streets I don't normally pass by.

**********

Cambull High

8:25 a.m

After a few minutes I make it to school just in time to see my friends walking through the parking lot.

"Austin. How was your date with Savannah yesterday?" Brandon asks as I reach them.

"It was alright I guess"

"Must be nice having a hot girlfriend" I turn to glare at Jaden, but he just smirks.

"Have you two seen Savannah today?" I ask as I look around searching for her.

"I'm sure she's around" Jaden says with the smirk still plastered on his face. "We should go to class" he goes behind Brandon and I and pushes us through the entrance of the school.

Once inside the three of us part ways and I head to Mr.Harrison's class. As I'm about to walk through the door, I look up to see Luke waking out of the class. He winks at me and walks right past me. I walk in to see the class is quiet but all eyes are directed towards Camila, quickly making my way to my seat people begin to stare at me as well.

"What did you do now?" I ask as I sit in the seat next to her. I know she hates me right now but I can at least try.

"What do you care?" she says. Her facial features go from calm to annoyed. But before I get the chance to reply Mr. Harrison interrupts us with his rant about life.

"Life. Why is it so cruel to me?!"

**********

Cambull High

12:30 p.m

I walk towards my locker to put my books away when I see Camila is at her locker. I can feel my stomach turn into knots. The urge to turn talk to her becoming overwhelming, but it only confuses me more.

Why am I trying so hard?

I ignore her and finish putting my books in my locker. I walk towards the lunchroom to see that she's gone. Opening the doors to the lunchroom is the same way everyday. As soon as I open them people turn to stare. I sit at same table everyday, it consists of Savannah, Brandon, Jaden, Diana, and Cara. At the table Jaden and Savannah sit opposite of Brandon, Diana, and Cara.

"What's up?" I say as I sit next to Savannah. She focuses her attention on me and I see Jaden shift in his seat.

"Jaden was just showing me his pictures. He's actually really talented" Savannah says as she links arm hand with mine. "We should hang out again" I glance around the lunchroom and spot Camila alone at a small table.

"Yeah sure. Hold up babe I'll be right back" I say as I get up and make my way to her table. "Hey" I say almost a whisper. Camila looks up and stares at me for a few seconds. She slams the book she was reading shut and gets up and walks past me bumping my shoulder with hers in the process.

"Smooth Park...real smooth" Luke says from behind me. I turn to see him with a smirk on his face. "She was didn't say anything to me but I can tell you really let her down"'

"What do you mean?"

"You proved her right. You're the Austin Park that she thought you were. That's the last person you should want be"