Derek

A/N: 2k views. Oh wow guys thanks so much.

Derek was trembling, his heart beating erratically in his chest, his breath shallow and fast. There was a lump in his throat, so thick he couldn't swallow it, preventing him from saying the rejection again. The world was spinning and suddenly he realized the gravity of the situation.

He was about to reject the beautiful creature in front of him. This walking goddess who was about to let him ruin her life. Oh God what he even thinking. He was about to reject the most powerful alpha in the hemisphere. She could literally kill him at any given moment. He was really about to reject his mate because he didn't want to be rejected. She wasn't even putting up a fight. What if everyone was right?

His wolf, who had been on her side since the beginning.

A woman who knew his mate better than he did, was vehemently fighting this.

Oh God he was just as bad as everyone from his old pack. He couldn't do this, he couldn't do this he couldn't do this he—

"D-derek," his mate spoke up, her beautiful voice ringing through the hall "You need to breathe or you'll pass out." She said to him.

He attempted to take a breath, but his lungs felt constricted in his shirt, no matter how lose it was. The world was going dark, and panicing Derek looked to his mate for comfort.

Derek passed out.

-

"We need a doctor!" Arabelle shouted, both in mindlink and out loud. Panic filled her voice as she frantically darted around her unconscious mate.

"He'll be fine." Levy told her, gently putting a hand on her shoulder. "Now that he's unconcious his body should be calm enough to breathe now." Her words soothed Arabelle a little bit, but she was still on edge.

"Take a deep breath, the pack doctors will be here in a moment to see if anything is actually wrong with him."

Arabelle nodded, her hands still shaking. She gently picked Derek up, taking this moment to truly study him. He had chocolate brown eyes, with thin short eyelashes. Nearly black hair adorned his head, unruly curls falling into his semi-closed eyes. He was bony, his ribcage visible through his thin shirt. It was obvious that he suffered from malnutrition. The thought made her angry. That pack treated her mate like thar. They needed to pay.

"You need to calm down," Levy said to her, looking at her worriedly. "The doctor is right down the hall, you can bring Derek to him if you'd like."

Arabelle was immediate snapped out of her reverie, quickly walking down the hall to where one of the pack doctors were setting up an emergency tent.

"Alpha Arabelle, is this who you'd like me to see?" Keegan, the newest pack doctor, asked. Arabelle mutely nodded, and gently set Derek down on the cot.

"So tell me what happened alpha." Keegan instructed, slowly removing Derek's shirt to get better access to his upper body.

"Well he started hyperventilating and then passed out. I caught him before he hit the floor, and gently laid him down on the floor while calling for the pack doctor." She told him, moving her hand to stroke Derek's, before placing it back on her lap.

For a few minutes they sat in silence, with only the occasional gentle hum or tut from the doctor. Then he spoke uo. "He should be fine, although he does suffer from severe malnutrition. Slowly begin feeding him more as to not upset his stomach, and keep him under surveillance in case of another episode."

She smiled at his words, letting out a sigh of relief. Her mate would be fine. He would be fine. Gently she picked him up and brought him to her room, laying him down on the bed. She sat on the sofa near the T.V., turned it on to calm her nerves, and waited for him to wake up.