Arabelle

A woman with chocolate brown hair and silver eyes sat at a mahogany desk, filling through papers with a bored expression. She thought everything about this process was tedious. Why on earth was the Redmoon pack trying to send her omegas. Did they actually think she would form an alliance with them. They were unnecessarily cruel with theirs, and while she would love to save some omegas, it would come at the cost of allying her pack with monsters. With a sigh she pushed the papers away, it was way too much of a headache.

A knock on the door drew her attention.

"Alpha Smith, Alpha Oluwo would like to meet with you." Her beta, Jackson told her through the door.

"Don't call me that in private, it reminds me of my job." She whined, grabbing her pen and tucking it behind her ear.

"Well I thought you were working Arabelle." He told her smirking. Arabelle looked away and huffed, knowing he had won.

"Hey, I need your opinion on something. Can you spare some time to help?" She asked him quietly. Her voice was serious now, filled with the uncertainty of a child.

Jackson looked up at her surprised, and she tugged the ends of her sleeves.

"I always have time for you Belle, I'm your beta and best friend."

She smiled at him and offered him a seat next to her.

"Wait, before we start, email Alpha Oluwo that I'll meet with her on Saturday. I don't want any ill tidings between us, she's from the east." He nodded, whipping out his phone and typing faster than humanly possible. Which was only possible because he was a werewolf.

"So what was it you wanted to talk about?" He asked her, barely a moment later.

"Omegas," she said sighing. "Redmoon pack is notorious for abusing theirs, and overall they are a very weak pack. I don't want to even consider an alliance, but they are offering me a few omegas as a peace offering so I consider creating a partnership. What do I do Jack?" She ran her fingers through her hair, and let a growl of frustration.

"Well first you need to calm down." He told her, and she nearly growled a the tone he used. He's trying to help she reminded her wolf through clenched teeth. She needed to calm down, he knew who was in charge.

"It's a peace offering, not a promise of protection or ally-ship. You can accept the omegas, and than promise not to needlessly attack the pack. You don't need to promise to protect them, or to train them. It's a gift, you don't owe them anything."

By the end of his little speech, Arabelle's eyes shined with newfound determination and joy. It brought a small smile to Jackson's face, as it always warmed his heart to see her like this. She deserved happiness, she deserved a mate.

"You deserve a great mate." Jackson whispered, barely audible.

Arabelle shot up in surprise, giving a small yelp when banging her knee on there desk.

"W-what brings t-this on?" She stuttered out, mentally cursing her weakness.

"You work so hard to help this pack, and so many others. You are really kind, and sweet, and you deserve someone who will love you unconditionally."

"I'm a killer Jack, no one deserves a killer as a mate. If I ever found a mate they would probably reject me once they found out who I was." She whispered sadly. It was true, she had killed rouges mercilessly for years. Almost as if for sport, rarely did she let them live. Families were let pass, and children were given homes. But Mateless rouges would be killed on the spot if she thought they had lied to her.

"Things have changed. King Aaron doesn't give powers to the heartless. He is careful, and he trusts you." He reasoned. It was heartbreaking to see his best friend like this. So vulnerable, and alone. It was rare for her to let him in during these moments. She preferred to cry alone.

Arabelle didn't know she was crying until something wet fell on her papers. She wiped her tears, and forced a smile onto her face.

"Thanks Jack, this was a great self confidence boost." He chuckled as she spoke. "Now get back to work!" She yelled laughing, chucking a pen at him.

After he was gone, she looked at the clock, wondering when she would find her mate.

And if they would reject her.

That's all folks. I hope you enjoyed, as its my first contribution to the werewolf community.