Chapter 39

Joe's POV

"Did you see Jimbob's latest video?" Madi asks whilst brushing her teeth.

"I did. Strange, huh?" I reply, staring at the wall.

She spits and rinses before walking over to where I am sitting. "Like, really strange though. I don't like that new girl, what's her name again? Skyslut?"

I laugh and pull her onto my lap. "I believe so. I don't even know what's going on in that house anymore. It's been so long since I've talked or seen any of them, so I'll have to have a chat with Zoe tonight.

"Wanna invite them over for dinner? I haven't seen my big sis in a while." She smiles, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Sounds good, I'll inform the babymakers."

"Oh is that your new name for Caspar and Alexus?" She asks, her face instantly looking hurt and guilty.

"Yeah. How far along is she now? A year?"

Madi laughs and messes up my already messy hair. "Try over five months. I think."

"Feels like a-"

"OH MY GOD!!!" We hear Alexus scream out from the bathroom.

Madi stumbles and falls off of me out of the jump scare. "What the hell!?" She yells, in pain.

I quickly stand to my feet and pull her up, Caspar already running towards the bathroom. He begins tugging on the doorhandle. "Alexus! What's wrong? Are you okay? Let me in!"

The door opens and to our surprise, Alexus stands full erect on her feet, smiling and squealing down at her large stomach. "The baby! I thought something was wrong but I was wrong, the baby kicked! The baby kicked, you guys!"

She squeals again and Caspar joins in, immediately bringing his hands to her stomach. "I don't feel anything!"

"Jesus Alexus, you almost gave me a heart attack." Madi sighs in relief, hugging her friend.

"I'm sorry, guys." She giggles, hugging back. "I just got so excited!"

"It won't kick again." Caspar whines. "Is it me? Does he/she hate me?"

I smile. Sure, it sucks to watch them go through this journey of starting a family together while I'm not, but I should grow up and be happy for them.

"Why won't you guys just ask for the gender already?" I ask, "It's so frustrating to not know."

Alexus giggles. "I want it to be a surprise. And don't worry, Casp. I'll let you know when he/she kicks again."

He chuckles and kisses her outstretched belly gently, bringing a large smile to my face.

...

Zoe's POV

"Zoe? Can you get the door please?" Alfred calls from the office.

"Yup!" I reply, walking to the door from the kitchen.

I open it to reveal no one. "Hello? I call, peeking around the corner. There stands Dan and Phil, holding many boxes of pizza. "Oh my gosh, Dan! Phil! What are you two doing here?"

"Just came for a surprise visit! We were in the neighbourhood so we decided to pop in to see you. I hope it's not a bad time..." Phil trails off, politely.

"Of course its not a bad time, come on in!" I smile.

Dan awkwardly steps around to the front of the door, holding two boxes of pizza while Phil held two as well. "Uh, we brought lunch. It's pizza, but I'm assuming you already know that because we've been holding pizza boxes for the last two minutes."