Chapter 20

Maya's Pov

"Maya, your friends will be here soon!" Mum yells from downstairs.

I pace around the room quickly, looking for anything that I am forgetting. I've never been camping before, so I'm pretty nervous.

"Coming!" I yell, grabbing my bag and hoisting it over my shoulders. I glance around for anything else I could possible need, but I'm pretty sure I took my whole room.

"Okay, okay." I whisper to myself nervously. "It's just a few days away from home, nothing too crazy."

I walk downstairs to see my parents by the door, one holding my sleeping back and the other holding a cooler.

"Be safe and have fun." Mum smiles, pecking me on the cheek.

"And watch for bears." Dad cackles, also pecking my on he cheek. "Bears are bad."

I nod over and over again. "Yeah okay I got it."

"I still wish you would spend your first time camping with us," Mum frowns. "But it's up to you."

"It's just a few days." A say with a laugh. "I'll be okay."

"Promise to vlog all of it?" Dad asks. "I'm sure your viewers would love to see it."

"I will." I smile.

Two short beeps come from outside, and we all turn our heads to the noise.

"Aw, that's them." Mum says sadly. "I'll miss you, have loads of fun."

"Okay." I smile as they both peck me on the cheek again.

They hand the cooler and sleeping bag as I double check everything again. Pillow, clothes, toothbrush, food, got everything.

"Bye!" I say to them as the beeping returns from outside.

Jeana peeks her head out of the window. "Come on Maya, we don't have all day."

I laugh and wave to my parents as Jack helps me put my things in Sam's truck.

"Hey guys." I say, coming into the back seat.

"Hey!" They all say at the same time.

"Are you ready for the most epic time you've ever had in your entire life?" Jeana squeals while putting a clogging camera in my face.

I stare into the lense and gulp. "Um, yes?"

Everybody laughs and I pull out my camera too, turning it on.

"Hey guys! I've decided to vlog this whole thing, so this will be fun. If you didn't see my twitter, I'll fill you in. We're going camping!"

Everyone in the truck cheers as I face the camera towards them. Sam drives out of the neighbourhood.

"Anyways, I think this will be pretty fun. I've never been camping before so yay. This is...."

I pause for extra emphasis.

"The youtube camping video with four really super cool people!"

Jeana laughs. "That's the most epicest title ever."

"Thanks." I laugh, saying goodbye to the camera.

"The lake isn't too far from here, 45 minutes at the most." Sam explains. "But with my driving we will probably be there in 20 minutes."

I giggle at him and he looks in the mirror back at me with a smile. I smile back.

"Hope you all brought your swimming clothes because I'm throwing all three of you in the lake." Jeana smirks.