Chapter 4

Mayas pov

"Leave this blue neighbourhood, never knew loving could hurt this good, oh, and it drives me wild." Troye sings into the microphone, his angelic voice echoing around the arena.

Everyone sitting down is singing along too. "Wild, wild, wild!" They sing.

"You make my heart shake, bend and break, but I can't turn away and it's driving me wild." He finishes, giving a small nod and sitting down.

We all clap and Joe and Madi stands up to kiss for around the 50th time tonight. Troye spots me and walks over to sit with me.

"Hey Mayakins!"

I smile brightly at him as he pulls me in for a hug. "Troye! I've missed you! And that was amazing."

He gives a toothy grin. "Aw shucks, I've missed you too. I'm sure it wasn't as good as your dance."

Jeana and I laugh. "I'm pretty sure it was better than the dance." She comments, giggling.

Sam and Jack come back from getting us drinks and sit down beside Troye. He looks at them and waves. "I take it one of these boys is yours?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

I blush and slightly nod.

He turns to Sam. "I'm going to say it's the one that looks like a small Dan."

Sam laughs. "I get that a lot. And yes."

Troye looks at Jack and then to Jeana. "And he's yours?"

They nod.

"Nice. I gotta get me a man." He says before standing up and walking away. "Have fun, kids."

We all start bursting out laughing. "You should meet Dan." I think, turning to my boyfriend. "He might be freaked out."

He shrugs. "I'm down."

We stand up and walk over to my favorite people, Dan and Phil. They both engulf me in a group hug when they see me.

"Maya!" They exclaim in sync.

"Hey guys!" I murmur, almost unable to breathe from the phanness.

They let go and pull me into a chair next to them. "Guys, this is Sam."

Phil pats the seat next to him, inviting him to sit. "Hey there Sam. I've seen you in Maya's videos. Your together, right?"

We both nod. Dan examines him. "You oddly remind me of someone."

Sam smiles, holding in laughter, his defined dimple showing. Dan notices.

"You have dimples too. And your wearing all black. And you have an emo fringe specifically to the left."

Phil and I start holding our stomachs from laughter while Sam awkwardly looks around the room.

"And your awkward. Socially awkward."

He eyes him one more time.

"Oh my god, are you me?!"

We all burst out laughing. Dan looks at Phil for his opinion but he keeps laughing. "Is anyone else seeing this? This boy is literally me!"

Sam rests his chin on his fist. "Well, this is awkward."

I finally calm down. "Dan, it's alright. This is Sam, and your Dan."

Dan rubs his eyes and smoothes out his jet black fringe to the side. "I need a drink."

He walks away away Phil and I die of laughter again.

"So, Sam." Phil starts. "You've been treating Maya good?"

I can see the nervousness in his eyes when he replies. "Uh yeah of course."

I jokingly swat Phil. "C'mon Philllll he's been lectured enough by my family today. Give the tiny Dan a break."

We start laughing again and Sam shakes his head. "I don't see it."

...

"Thank you so much everyone, for coming." Alexus calls out to everyone, all four of them sitting in the box of a deep truck. My dad closes the box tightly so it doesn't open when they drive. It's such a cool idea to drive home in the pitch black with friends in the back, just so you can look up at the stars.Their suitcases sit inside of the truck while they have somebody driving them to the airport.

The box is filled with blankets and pillows and a few drinks, just so it's comfortable on the way there. I smile at all of them before waving a goodbye.

The vehicle starts to drive off as they raise their drinks and slowly fade off into the dark.

"That was the best wedding ever!" I squeal to my parents. I hug them both. "I had so much fun."

My 3 friends walk over to us and agree. "The place looks amazing, Zo." Jeana smiles.

"Awe, thanks Jeana." She chirps, hugging her. "I'm glad you kids had fun."

Dad pulls her close. "Shall we go home?"

We nod, saying bye to Jeana and Jack before driving back home with Sam. A few other vehicles followed, making an after celebration or kind of like a get together.

I buckle in my seat belt and lean against the window, putting my feet on my boyfriend's lap, staring into the sky. The darkness was beautiful; each star glistening in the galaxy. A smile glows on my face as I close my eyes, embracing my happiness.