The Reaper

Chapter Two: The Reaper

          Inseska looked at me as if she expected me to run away. I couldn’t blame her since I already broke a rule and that’s an impression to a senior like her. Actually, I seem to understand why the person who brought Kyou here told him not to talk to her. Well, she’s not someone bad. She just felt rather bossy. Maybe I and that person are alike because there’s no way I’d be able to live with anyone bossier than me. Crozun’s daughters are bossy but they learned to fear my eyes.

          “I told Korion that he did not need to convince you too because you weren’t in the letter. But don’t take it for granted, it’s really nice for you that he has a spot for kids like you,”

          This is what I do not like about staying with someone ahead of me. They look down on me. Well, I didn’t talk back because I don’t have the right. But I can’t help hating it. If I could just tell her how ridiculous I see people like bountyhunters, but I can’t since that bastard Korion dragged me here by using dirty tricks, taking my only ally with him who couldn’t reject anything from that person.

          “I do not need anyone to talk to so you could shut your mouth and stay away from me as much as possible. Your existence makes me sick.”

          She did not look surprised. She just turned from me and started taking steps away from me. “I don’t like nobles either. I’m just telling you that.”

          “Just how many times do I have to say that I’m no longer a noble?” I sighed.

          “Until you don’t act like one,” A girl appeared beside me offering a cup of tea. She smiled like mom. She has that blonde hair and gray eyes. With keen observation I can conclude that she’s a maid here. She sat beside me and poured tea on her cup, “So you’re the rookie?”

          I didn’t answer. Not because I didn’t like her, but because I don’t want to talk to anyone. Anyways, she gave me a tea that cooled my anger. “They say that,”

          “Woaaah! You must really be a great person!”

          I made sure I did not blush when I moved a little away from her because she was too loud that everyone turned to my table. This has been my table ever since I got here, I declare.

          “I-I’m not. It was all luck.”

          “My.” Korion appeared next to me on the left side. “Don’t you know Velonia? Once you have hold of luck, take all of it!”

          “D-didn’t you say you were busy!”

          “Oh come on child, you see I just take enough time to see you.”

          I saw Kyou sitting in front of me just the same way when I left him with Korion for a private talk. It’s really unfair making me wait here. Why can’t I hear their conversation? Anyway, I have to get a job or they are kicking me out for sure.

          “Did he say anything bad to you?” I asked Kyou.

          He shrugged. “He just said that he doesn’t like you because you were a brat. But I’m totally against it. I do not know what kind of person Lycel was before but she’s really a nice person.”

          I’m ten times more flattered than the earlier comment of the girl. I threw Korion a death glare. This bastard really… I’d get him someday.

          “What, you want a fight?” He asked me.

          I’d really love to, but no thanks. “I’m not that type,”