~-21-~

"You've got to be freaking shitting me!" Mel shouted as she slit the throat of yet another man that came at them. "They just keep coming!"

"Need back up?" Roy asked in the coms as he and Vanessa watched the heat activity on the untraceable laptop they set up.

"No dude." Zack began, then grunted. "We're good."

"You sure?" He asked for clearance. He was answered with a body jolting battle cry from Mel as she ran and used the wall for leverage to leap into the air and throw her knives into the chests of two other men that came out. Instantly, she grabbed her gun, firing away before landing a perfect summersault and standing up quickly, shooting another person that was sneaking up on Zack.

"Holy shit..." Vanessa muttered. Mel was probably if not even more intense than the stuntmen in movies and TV shows she'd watched growing up. Flat out vicious and intense.

"Mel, five coming on your twelve. Zack, you got machine guns on your three." Roy informed them. "Are you guys sure you don't need back up?"

"Roy," Mel grunted. "If we needed- back up- we'd tell you." As she finished her sentence, a knife cut at her arm and she growled in pain before sucking up air between her teeth and sending the man to the ground with a bullet in his skull. 

"You okay?" Zack asked as he came over to Mel and they jogged up to the wall, climbing up and sliding behind it just as the men with machine guns approached the scene.

"I'll live. " Mel grumbled, scrunching up her face at the tear in her shirt that exposed the red of the new cut on her upper arm. At least she chose to take off her leather jacket before they left the car. As much as it would give her more armor, it would've restricted a lot of her movement. They jogged silently along the outer wall of the large beige building until Roy called in their coms again.

"You have a massive group of fully armed men coming your way. Get out of there."

"We can take them." Mel hissed.

"You're in a narrow space between a five story building and a nine-foot wall topped with barbed wire. You have several men coming up, Mel. Hide yourselves God damn it!" They reached a deep, dark cut in the wall and Zack, knowing that Mel was planning on trying to take the men on anyway, pushed her towards the crevice and pinned her back against the wall in the shadows just as two men walked past. "More groups are coming around. I hope you guys are well hidden." Mel muted herself on the com since any argument that she and Zack get into now would be of none of Roy or Vanessa's concern. Zack did the same and looked off at where groups of men passed by in units.

"You're nervous." Mel observed quietly as she noticed how fidgety Zack was becoming. "Care to tell me why?" Zack pursed his lips into a thin line and refused to answer which got on Mel's nerves more than the fact that he had her pinned and was merely an inch or two away. "Zack, everyone's caught on to your unusual behaviors. Especially the past two days. What the hell is going on?" Zack kept his lips pursed for a moment before hanging his head and looking up at her through his hair, knowing that she couldn't see his eyes.

"This is." He said, gesturing with a finger between the two of them. Mel furrowed her eyebrows almost humorously. "Well, you." He groaned silently in frustration at how he was having such a hard time explaining himself.

"I make you nervous?" Mel asked humorously in near disbelief. When Zack shook the hair away from his eyes and looked at her genuinely, her raised eyebrow dropped and her heart rate picked up drastically causing Zack to quickly looked away. Being this close to Mel was so uncomfortable, he felt like an innocent ten-year-old. Mel closed her eyes for a minute to try and calm her heart before he noticed but the image of Zack's mesmerizing blue gaze from the hallway in the house flooded her mind and she had to open her eyes again, only to be met by the exact same pair. Why did his eyes do this to her? Her stomach twisting and turning, her mind suddenly going foggy, him being so close that the tip of her nose tingled. Is he...? Mel began to think as he seemed to almost be getting closer.