Bounty

Warnings: strong imagery. Gunshot.

BANG!

That was the last thing you heard, along with some footsteps and screaming.
There was a hot burning feeling in your side, you went to roll over but then it hit you, a wave of pain that felt like a thousand suns had just burned into your flesh and the feel that there were razors slicing your insides apart.
A warm figure was beside you, your vision is a blur with pain so the figure is unrecognisable.
Your heart is racing faster than ever, your struggling to breath when more pain hits you.
"I have to apply pressure." muffled words entered your ears.
"I have to apply the pressure" the voice becomes slightly clearer, but your head is spinning and your fighting the black out that's about to pass over you.
"No, no stay with me! Stay with me, focus on my voice" the voice yelled and your head fell to the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You awoke in a dark basement, completely unfamiliar surroundings. You went to get up when pain overwhelmed your body, your limbs started to tremble and you felt cold.
You tried to sit up and you rested yourself against a crate and looked down, your wound was wrapped in a gauze. It was soaked red with blood, along with your shirt and jeans. You looked around again and analysed your surroundings.
The place appeared to be abandoned.
Out in the middle of nowhere probably.
why where you here.
You went to fix your position when you felt tugging at the wound entry, you gasped at the pain. Then a figure came out of the corner.
It was Charles, he rushed to your side.
"Y/n, are you okay, I don't think your doing to good?" Charles said quietly.
"Massive internal bleeding, No, i don't think I'm doing too good either." you say in laboured breaths.
"I'm sorry, love but, please keep pressure on that wound." he says as he sits next to you.
"There's no time for that, what's going on, where are we?" You wince as you put a hand on your wound just as charles said.
"You were shot-"
"I think I guessed that much." You coughed out.
"We're currently on the run." Charles said bluntly.
"WHAT!" You screamed.
"Be quiet please, we can't risk anybody finding us, there's a warrant out for yours and my arrest and..." Charles paused, he looked scared. Normally you would savour this moment, Charles Xavier, scared but, this really wasn't the time.
"Oh god, Charles what is it!" You yelled at him, screaming after.
"A bounty." Charles lowered his head to look at your blood soaked shirt.
"Why?" You ask uncomfortably.
"Cause were mutants."
"Oh, god!" You screamed.
"What's happening, are you okay" Charles sounded panicked.
"Ofcourse I'm not bloody okay, ive just had a bullet rip a hole through me!" You yell out in pain while trying to bring yourself up to a normal sitting position.
"It wasn't just, it has been a while since you've been shot" Charles corrected you, and you glared at him.
"How long has it been?" You asked wincing again at the pain.
"7 hours 30 minutes give or take. you've been unconscious for the 7." He sighs.
"So 7 hours with blood pumping at an ordinary, non stressed pace, 34 minutes at a increased pace." You threw your head back and warm tears fell from your eyes.
Charles sensed your arms trebling trying to keep pressure, so he inched closer and replaced your hand with his, you rested your arm on the crate next to you.
"On av-average 72 beats per m-minute,"
"70 mls per minute" Charles finished your sentence and you smiled.
"That rounds up t-to about 5 litres per minute. 5 times what now is 36 is 180 litres... oh god that's alot of blood." your body starts to tremble again.
"Not to mention the past 7 hours" your not sure why but Charles' tone just made you laugh, maybe it was all the blood loss.
Charles looked to his watch.
"Hank will be able to take down the warrant in and hour and the others can take out the bounty hunters in 2.5 hours, you think you can last that long?" he said in his normal voice, not looking at you but looking at his watch again.
"Your the genius.. what do you think, don't hold back on the honesty." your breath was laboured again but you still smiled at Charles.
He hesitated and you felt him rummage through your mind, he must've come to the conclusion it was best to tell you because he decided to open up his mouth.
"If you don't stop the blood you have less than 78 minutes." Charles blurted out. You nodded.
"Is the bullet still inside me?" You held back a scream as the pain kept coursing through you.
"Yes." He said simply looking down at the blood that was protruding through his fingers.
"You- you need to get it out" You closed your eyes trying to fight the pain, Charles looked at you wide eyed
"The more I move, the worse it'll get, if the bullet nicks an artery and I loose anymore blood I'm done for." You paused for a moment to catch your breath.
"Y-you need to pull the bullet out." you placed your bloody hand on his shoulder.
"No.. no, I won't." He looked like you asked him to kill you, he looked so innocent, so.. scared.
"Charles you need to." you sighed.
"Statistics say you should leave it in, it could cause you to loose more blood." Was Charles Xavier really trying to talk you out of this, cause if he was it wasn't gonna work.
"I need the bullet out for my next plan" you said adjusting yourself again, then
The doors to the basement bursted open.

A/N: wonder who's bursting through the basement doors.
Bounty hunters? Friends? Government agents?
Part II.