Chapter 9

Author POV

Ever since that day, Yuna had been trying her best to act normal towards Taehyung, as if nothing had happened. She avoided him subconsciously and this is causing Taehyung to be more anxious as days go by.

"Mr Kim, this is the document that you need." Yuna knocked on Taehyung's office door and passed him some files. Her team has been busy, so she was the 'messenger' for the past few days. "Alright, put down." Taehyung remained his professionalism and calmness. Yuna followed his instructions accordingly and was about to leave when Taehyung stopped her, "Yuna." Yuna didn't turn to face him because she didn't want him to see how unnatural she looked. Maybe because she is avoiding him or maybe she is too afraid that he might find out that she likes him.

"Yes, Mr Kim." She replied, back facing him. "I want to talk to about-" She knew exactly what he was talking about but no, she is not giving him a chance to talk. She doesn't want to listen to his explanations nor does she want to hear his answer. She is too afraid that the outcome in the end isn't something that she wanted even though she knew that Taehyung wouldn't like her back. She refused to face the reality in her head.

"Sorry Mr Kim, I have many things to do. I will get going." She answered, rushing out of his office.

Taehyung POV

I was working on my laptop when my office door flew opened, "Oppa!" I was getting a little irritated by the rudeness of the person. I moved my head towards the door and realised that it was Somin. "Somin?" Puzzled, I stared at her in her uniform as she skipped towards me.

"Why are you here?" I asked in concern as she approached me. "Appa told me to come and find you in the office since you have not been going home for dinner for god knows how long!" She raised her voice, folding her hands in front of her chest to show her 'anger'. "Oppa has been busy, you know..." I stood up to pull her to the sofa. "I don't care! Oppa promised to go home every day for dinner, but you never once did!" She half-yelled. "Okay, Okay. Oppa promise to have dinner tonight together. You do your homework here quietly while oppa finishes his work, alright?" I instructed her, letting her set up her belongings on the table. "Promise!" she demanded.

A few hours later, Somin was getting restless and she roamed around in my office. "Oppa, does Yuna unnie work here? I don't see her here just now." She suddenly asked. Yuna... the name that I had not been calling ever since the restaurant incident. But my brain didn't stop thinking about her. I find myself glancing at her whenever I have the chance to but she doesn't seem to realise it. She was too engrossed with her team. "Yes." I shortly answered as she jumped. "I am going to find her!"

"No!" I screamed, halting her actions. "Wae?!" She gave me the innocent pouty look that I would always get weak for. "She is busy... don't disturb my team, alright." I explained but she wouldn't budge. I am afraid that if she were to go out there and search for Yuna high and low, people might misunderstand her even further. I am afraid that she might get hurt once again and I don't want that to happen.

"One minute wouldn't kill right! I promise that I am just going to say a 'hi'!" without my response, she dashed out of my office. "Kim Somin!" I screamed, trailing her from behind. "Yuna unnie!" as long as she got out, she saw Yuna at the printing station. "Oh, Somin?" Yuna called. Oh god, I haven't heard her voice in ages. She had been aggressively ignoring and avoiding me these few weeks and it's making me out of my mind. The reason why I wouldn't be home for dinner every day is because I would want to stay in the office till Yuna leaves. I don't want her to be in the office alone till 10 pm. Like this, I can get a chance to look out for her and keep her company from afar. She wouldn't know while she diligently works OT every night.