Prolouge: Meet Alex

I pursed my lips as I looked at the photo of my parents. Had my parents still been alive, they would be happy for me. They always wanted to me to attend Hogwarts instead of any other Wizarding school in the world, and this was my fifth year. They had attended Hogwarts. They just decided America was probably far from Voldemort.

I was glad Remus was one of my parents' friends. He was amazing and smart. For the past seven years, he had been taking care of me, and he was wonderful.

But none of that made this feeling any easier on me. I took a deep breath as I continued staring at the letter.

"Alex," Remus said in a concerning matter as he walked in. He gently took the letter out of my hands and looked at my eyes. "They would have been proud. I'm proud."

I smiled at Remus. "I know." I wipped a tear from my cheek.

Remus smiled. "And you also know, Dumbledore will not approve of you being late."

I sighed. "I was in the middle of packing."

"But you didn't finish." Remus pointed a finger. He walked to the door way and leaned back on it.

I smiled as I went to my dresser. "It's not like I'm important to Dumbledore. Have you heard what's happened in Hogwarts the last two years since Potter has arrived?" I paused and looked at Remus through the mirror. "Do you think it means something?"

Remus stared back at me. "Of course. But we must wait for the answer of what. We must also be prepared. Your training will become more intense."

I nodded. "I know."

Remus smiled. "Good."