Excitement with Fear

(George's POV)

I wrapped an arm around Alex's shoulder as we walked down the hall. "Did you bring your wand?"

Alex nodded. "I always carry it with me." She looked around carefully every time we passed a corner.

Fred rolled his eyes. "Focus on the bigger picture, Georgie. What was she doing before she walked in the common room?" He winked at Alex as we started going up the next flight of stairs. "I mean she did take a long time. It must have been REALLY important. Is it a secret we should know about?"

I almost glared at him. "Try to focus on the fact that we should be more quiet. It's not sneaking if all of London can hear us moving around."

Fred laughed lightly. "Of course."

We reached a corridor that went from our left to our right. Fred and I looked at each other.

Alex stepped into our view. "Do you guys have any idea where we are?" Her eyes shifted between the two of us.

We grinned. "No clue."

Alex raised a brow, and she looked down the right side of the corridor. "Maybe we should go in there. It seems promising."

Fred took out his wand as we walked down the corridor. He smiled as when we reached the door at the end of the corridor. "I'll unlock it." He waved his wand, and the door opened slightly. "I guess we'll have to push it open." He looked at me and gestured for me to help him.

We threw ourselves against the door and burst the door open, but there was nothing. We only saw small puddles of water. My eyes adjusted to the moonlit room. Water drips echoed as we walked across the damp floor. I saw something round and lighter than the rest of the room at the corner. I crept towards it. I wondered it if was actually there because I looked very transparent. I heard the others following me. I quietly extended my hand out to touch it, but it revealed a grinning face. We all jumped back a bit.

The small, light blue man flew to the lit side of the room. He let out a strange laugh. "A few Gryffindors. Not many Gryffindors break the rules. They're usually very obidient." He pointed at Fred and me. "You must be the 'mischievious' Weasleys." He looked at Alex. "I've seen you before, but never quite placed a name with you. But you're a Gryffindor." He shrugged then laughed. "Either way, it should be worth my while to report that three Gryffindors came to my room past midnight." He laughed to himself and flew out.

Fred and I spawned our brooms, following the ghost out quickly. "Not if we can help it." Alex spawned hers and followed us.

We followed the ghosts laughs. We split up when he flew through the walls. "We can trap him." I laughed when the three of us almost ran into each other.

Fred smiled. "This game is a lot different than I expected."

Alex looked at me. "Game? This is a game? Had I known I would've prepared."

I nodded. "If he really wanted to get us into trouble he would have already. That's how we know it's a game."

The small ghost flew in from the wall. "It's no fun when people know I'm playing with them." He crossed his arms as we all descended to the floor. "The name's Peeves. The one and only poltergeist in Hogwarts." He looked at Fred and me. "You two aren't going to be much fun to play with. Not if you figure everything out so soon." He snarled.

We grinned. "Speaking too soon."

He raised a brow and looked at Alex. "I expect you to be the smartest of the group. That is, if you're not related to them. You wouldn't happen to be related to them, would you?"