Let's Not Say...

(Alex's POV)

I knocked on the door of the Dark Arts's room with bag ready for the departure to my new home. There was no answer. I knocked again and waited five minutes. I pressed my ear to the door and listened carefully. I turned the knob slowly and opened the door. The chalkboards were wipped clean. The desks were neat and the room, although full, seemed empty. My eyes fell on Lupin's office. I walked toward it carefully and cautiously. As I approached, I noticed the door was ajar.

"Lupin?" I gently pushed the door open with my fingers.

My breath escaped me as I looked around the bare room. I could see the dark colored floor with a bit of dust, and bare, colorless walls to match. My eyes fell upon a single piece of paper on the practically empty desk.

"You're very brave for a girl that lost her parents."

I jumped and whirled around to the door, seeing Dumbledor stand in the doorway.

I weakly smiled. "Why would you say that, Headmaster?"

He smiled. "You've decided to join the order, and  throw your heart and affections away for that goal. Not many girls do that. However, you are not the first female member." 

I nodded. "The order should only have strong women."

"Yes." His eyes seemed distant. "And smart ones. Which you are." He pointed at me. "You have a very good heart. Full of troubles, but wonderful intentions. You're misunderstood, but still care for who you can."

I smiled. "I guess so."

Dumbledor nodded. "You are strong. When you were raised in America and Lupin visited you to help you with your magic, you always kept that little light in your heart glowing until he came back."

I pursed my lips and looked away.

Dumbledor let out a few laughs. "He and your parents were great friends. I'm sure that they are more than proud of you now, especially after dealing with the muggles that were taking care of you."

My breath escaped me. "You think so?"

Dumbledor smiled. "I know so. I also know that Lupin would like for you to read that letter. It'll help you more than you know."

I looked down at the piece of paper on the desk. My name was written in large letters at the top. "Professor, I--" I turned to face him but he wasn't there. I ran out to find him, but there was no trace of him. I slowly went back to Lupin's letter.

ALEX

As you know we are leaving our old home. This is because of our new resident and... financial circumstances. You and I can not meet until tomorrow. I am very sorry for the inconvience, but I'll treat you at the pub you like to go to so much. That is where we're meeting by the way.

As for our new home, don't worry. I can take care of everything on my own. Please just take care dear. I know it's very rude of me to ask you, but you must find your own bed tonight. Our old home will probably be empty by the time you reach it (if you were to go home). However, you must trust me that this is for the best I can do for you. And you already know I only do the best for you (there's some chocolate in the top right drawer of this desk for you. If you don't want it, give it to Harry, he may need it). Also when am I not the best for you?

See you at the pub, my dear.

I laughed and took the chocolate from the drawer.

(Fred's POV)

The soft breeze blew on my face. I took in the last, earthy smell of the forest of Hogwarts I could before I had to leave for an entire summer. I took a deep breath and stared at the bright, barely-risen sun's reflection in the lake. I really would miss this place, especially after this year. I smiled and turned around, facing Alex on the other side of the bridge.