"I don't see why not" I smiled before hugging him. It took him a moment before he hugged back. I leaned up and kissed his cheek before heading to the kitchen.

~~~~

"It can't be out!"

"Well, it is. There must be a block in th flu" I heard yelling as I neared the kitchen.

"But the dinner's not cooked. We haven't even put in the soufflés"

"There'll be no soufflés tonight"

I walked in to be greeted by smoke.

"What in the bloody hell is going on?" I asked waving my hand over my face to be rid of the smoke.

"The flu is blocked and we can't get it cleared to cook anything"

I sighed.

"Then what are you going to do?" Mrs. Patmore put her hand on her forehead.

"I don't have a clue. No dinner can be cooked" she groaned in annoyance.

"And the mutton's still raw"

"What in heaven's name is going on?" Said Mrs. Hughes from the doorway.

"I'll tell you what. We've got 20 Lords and Ladies in the drawing room waiting for dinner, and we've got no dinner to give them" Mrs. Hughes closed her eyes and sighed.

"Oh, my God"

~~~~

I walked up from the kitchen and met Matthew coming down the stairs.

"Well, hello, my dear" I smiled.

"Hello" he held out his arm.

"Care to join me?"

"Of course" I took hold of his arm as we walked into the drawing room.

We walked over to Mary and Lady Violet, Mary looked at Matthew with a not so pleased look.

"Why are you not in white tie?" She whisper shouted.

"Darling, please forgive me. I'm afraid they never sent my tails back" Robert walked up behind me.

"You're not in white tie either. What have you come as?"

"I'm so sorry. Thomas has lost all my dress shirts" he informed his mother.

"Why is he still here? I thought you'd given him his marching orders" she said referring to Edith and Sir Anthony.

"I had, but my dear mother-in-law intervened. I've not a good mind to tell her..."

"No, no, no, not tonight. She must have it all her own way to tonight, don't you think?" She said the last part to Mary.

"Oh, you two are dressed for a barbecue" Mrs. Levinson teased.

"I feel like a Chicago bootlegger"

"I don't know what that means, but it sounds almost as peculiar as you look" I sniggered at Lady Violets words.

"Robert, come quickly"

"What's wrong?" Mrs. Levinson asked her daughter.

"Apparently the oven's broken down"

"It can't have done. What does that mean?" Robert asked his wife.

"To cut a long story short, it means we have no food"

"Oh! Funny clothes and no food. It should be quite an evening"