Chapter 25 (Christmas special: part 1)

It's Christmas in June lol I love Christmas, it's my favorite time of year. We get to put up the tree singing carols, and no matter where you go, there are decorations everywhere. It's a magical time and I love it. Hope you all enjoy!!
________________________

"What do you think, Mary?" Edith asked from the ladder as she hung an ornament onto the large Christmas tree that took over the Great Hall.

"Perfect" she responded. Thomas walked by and gave me a little smirk as he walked towards the kitchen door, I grinned myself as I helped Mrs. O'Brien hang up the beautiful ornaments.

We all stood back and looked at the tree. The lights turned on, lighting up the gigantic tree. "Ah, well, I say" Robert said in awe. Mary, Edith and I all smiled to each other like small child er as we looked up in adoration at the beauty that stood before us.

"Girls, the car?" Cora reminded us. The three of us rushed outside as the car drove up the drive. The car parked as Lady Rosamund stepped out of the car.

She smiled to the three of us. "Happy Christmas" she wished to us as she kissed Mary's cheek. "And to you" she then moved to Edith and I.

~~~~

All of us stood in front of the fireplace in a line as the staff stood in a Lin in front of us

All of us stood in front of the fireplace in a line as the staff stood in a Lin in front of us. Anna stepped forward. "Anna, this is for you" Cora said to her as she handed her the box wrapped in paper.

"The usual cloth for a frock, I'm afraid, but I hope you like the other thing" Mary smiled after she said the last bit. "I'm sure I will, M'lady. Thank you" Anna replied, trying to sound cheerful.

Mr. Bates had been in prison for a few months now, he was accused of murdering his wife. But I don't believe it. He's an innocent man.

"We all prayed for him in church this morning" Cora said softly. Anna nodded. "Happy Christmas, Anna" Robert told her kindly as she turned away to stand back in line.

Edith passed Cora the next present as Mrs. Patmore approached. "I can't wait for you to open this" Cora told her excitedly. "Thank you, your Ladyship" she thanked as I handed her a present as well.

"To help out when you cook" I smiled. She smiled and thanked me as well as she too went back in line, and the whole thing repeated as everyone walked up to get their gifts.

The last was Thomas. He stepped forward and gave a smile to all of us. Cora handed him his gift. "Happy Christmas, Thomas" Cora said kindly.

"Happy Christmas, M'lady. Thank you" she smiled as he moved down the line. Mary gave him a fake smile, Edith gave him a sweet one. I smiled as I handed him his gift.

"I hope you like it" he looked down at the box. "I'm sure I'll love it, darling" he winked as he went to go back to his place.

Thomas's pov