Chapter 23

Wow, 4K. This is absolutely amazing. Thank you guys so much for reading this book and showing your amazing support. It is deeply appreciated, thank you.
Enjoy!!
________________________

"I just hope you remember your wedding; I don't" Cora said to Lavinia as she joined our group in the middle of the Main Hall.

The hall boys walked through the hall carrying boxes and things. "We can put the presents in the Drawing room, against the window" Cora instructed Mrs. Hughes.

"Very well, M'lady" she responded as the hall boys followed her. The housemaids scurried around carrying decorations for Matthew and Lavinia'a wedding.

"I suppose we do have to display all the presents it can look rather greedy" commented Mrs. Crawley as she watched hem carry the presents.

I watched them walk pass Matthew, he watched them carrying presents. I giggled at the look on his face. "I can't beset the disruption we seem to have brought down on your heads" Lavinia fretted to Cora. She touched her arm.

"Oh. Don't be silly" Matthew looked over, he gave me a sheepish smile as I smiled back. Mary saw Matthew and walked over to him, as did Lavinia and I.

"How are you feeling?" Mary asked "I just wish I could get rid of this damn stick. Sorry" he mumbled the last bit. "Don't be. If anyone has a right to swear, it's you" Lavinia looked from her to Matthew.

"Don't bully yourself. Think of where we were a few months ago and smile" Mary put on a fake smile. "I quite agree" Mrs. Crawley came to stand beside Lavinia and I.

"But I want to make it up and down that aisle without assistance" he told us. "Up, yes. You'll have me to lean on when you're coming down" Matthew smiled sheepishly with a little bit of a blush. I couldn't help but smile at them both.

"And you still have three full days of practice, never say die" Mary assured him as she walked away. "My goodness, is that the time?" I must be getting back" rushed Mrs. Crawley.

"I'll go with you" Lavinia told her with a smile. They linked arms as they turned around and walked towards the door. I moved to stand beside Matthew.

"She's just sucking up, Mother" Matthew teased. Lavinia turned her head back to look at him as she walked. "Any bride who doesn't suck up to her husband's Mother is a fool" she smirked playfully as she turned her head back as they walked out the door.

Matthew smirked at her. I smiled at them. Even though I thought Mary and Matthew should be together, I also can't deny that Matthew and Lavinia are a perfect match as well.

"Hello my dear, how are you?" He asked me as we linked arms, letting him lean on me as we walked. "I'm quite well, how about you?" I looked up at him.

"Better if I could walk on my own" I chuckled. "All it takes is practice. You'll be able to walk without it soon, I promise. I mean, I was right about you walking again" he chuckled.

"That you were" I leaned my head against his arm as he kissed the top of my head.

~~~~

"Thank you, Marge" I thanked her as she filled in for Anna. She smiled back as she walked out of the room. I looked in the mirror and fixed the pin in my hair then smoothed out my dress.

I looked myself over, I looked happier. And it was true, I did feel happier. Matthew can walk again, his and Lavinia's wedding in three days time. Thomas and I are on good terms, definitely happier.

I smoothed out my dress one last time before walking down to Mary's room. I opened the door to see Mary sat at her vanity worn Anna fixing her hair, Edith was sat in a chair to the left of Mary as Sybil was sat on the end of the bed.