one

A.N.:
For this story, my BFF Danielle created outfits that the girls wear for each chapter. Since there's a limit of one photo in the header, I'll be posting each outfit that goes with the posted chapter before it begins.

Piper's Outfit:

Silena's Outfit:

Silena's Outfit:

Chapter 1 | Uncertainty P I P E R

P I P E R

5:00 PM
JUNE 1st, 2015
THE MCLEAN PENTHOUSE, D.C.

This is so ridiculously stupid," I mutter, trying to zip my suitcase all the way up. It won't budge, and I can't just take any of my stuff out; I need it all for the summer.

I glance at the other two stuffed-to-the-brim bags that sit on the floor by my bed. The bags I somehow have to close. I huff in exasperation, climbing onto my bed and sitting on the suitcase, stuffing the clothes that can't seem to stay in the suitcase into a big pile underneath the lid. I put all my weight into it, then tug on the zipper. It zips around half the suitcase, but won't move past that point.

"Dammit!" I hop off my bed and stare at my bag, willing it with my mind to just close, when a knock sounds on my bedroom door. "Come in!" I shout.

My older half-sister, Silena, walks in. She takes in my bulging bags and my angry face, then sighs. "You need serious help, hon."

"You think?" I cross my arms and lean all my weight on one foot, away from my bag. Silena steps in front of my mess, surveying it like it's a fashion problem just waiting to be fixed.

She picks up a flimsy white t-shirt of mine off the top of the pile sitting in my suitcase. "It would help if you actually folded your clothes neatly. Then they'd all actually fit in your suitcase."

I scoff, blowing my bangs out of my eyes. "I did that."

"Really? 'Cause it sure doesn't look like it."