Chapter 10: 25 Missed Calls

Twenty-Five missed calls in one day. That’s is how many I have on my phone. Chuck and Dan called me eleven times separately, and Serena three times. But I was not going to pick up the phone. They don’t know where I am, or where I am staying, and I don’t want them to. But sooner or later, hopefully later, I will have to go to school... Which contains my psych 101 class… Which so happens to have Serena in it… It used to have Chuck, but he dropped college after he stopped trying to destroy Blaire.

 Eventually I will have to get a new pair of clothes, and I cant live in this roach infested motel for the rest of my college career. I look into the dirty mirror and put my ratted hair up in a high ponytail. I turn around and grab my bag and walk out of the room. I could still be mad at Dan and live with him… Right? I really don’t have a choice do I? I mean… I can barely afford this room for one night, and there would be no room for me in the dorm rooms. Wow. I Really hate my life right now.

“Have a great day.” I say to the bleach blond, long legged, teenage costumer that was just in front of me a second ago. I wait for her to respond, but nothing. When she was out of ear range I say, “Oh, thanks! You too.” In a sarcastic voice.

 “Next.” I say, while clearing the hangers that were in front of me. I look at the item that the next person had laid in front of me, it was a rose. I look up and see Chuck, front and center, staring at me with those eyes that made me melt inside every time I looked at them.

 I remember, and that’s all it takes for me to freeze back up, “We don’t sell those.” I say, throwing the rose away in the trashcan. I felt bad about it as soon as I saw Chucks face, but then again. He hurt me. So why not hurt him?

 “I’m sorry.” He says, through his smoldering mouth.

 “It amazes me how many times you have to say that to people.” I say, then sigh and before Chuck can say anything else I say, “Next.”

 “But im not done.” He says, keeping eye contact.

 “But I am.” I then take the clothes from the old lady and start putting them under the scanner.

 “Just hear me out. Okay?” I just stare at him, “Did you wait to here me?” He then looks down and I ask, “How did you know I was here?”

 Before he can answer I already speak. “Serena.” I look at him again and say, “But how did you know which one?” he stares at me for a few seconds, then says, “I didn’t.”

 “What? So you went to every Macys looking for me?” When he doesn’t answer me I knew that it was a yes.

 “Im so sorry.” He says, while trying to find other words to say. I continue doing my job and after I tag the last piece of clothing I say, “That will be one hundred and ninety eight dollars.” The old lady then hands me her credit card and I swipe it in. I give her back her card and give her, her bag.

 “Have a nice day.” I smile at her, and then she says, “You too.” Then, since no one else was in line Chuck says, “You told me that night that we first met that you believed in second chances. Why wont you just give me one?” He asks me.

 “Some people don’t disserve them.” I say, turning my back to him.

 “Some people are not your father.” He says. Shock fills my body, and I turn rigid.

 “What,” I say turning around, “Did you just say to me?”

 “Maybe he didn’t disserve a second chance, but please… Give me one.” He then looks down at my hand and takes it, “I promise you. It will never happen again.”

 A tear slips from my left eye, and I immediately dry it away with my sleeve.  When another one slips from my right eye, before I can get to it with my sleeve, Chuck wipes it away with his thumb. It sends sparks all over my body, the feeling that only Chuck gives me. “Please.” He says, his hand cupping my cheek, his face only centimeters from mine. The only thing that was keeping our bodies apart was the rectangular block of wood.

 I wanted to kiss him so bad. I know that I am mad at him… But… I think that I might love him. I lift the bottom of my face and kiss chuck lightly. Chuck soon, after a moment of shock, kisses back passionately.

I knock on my door… Not still knowing if it really was still… Well, my door. The door creaks open and I see Dan’s face through the little slit. As soon as he sees my face he swings the door open and flings his arms around me, keeping me in a lock.

 “Im so sorry.” Dan says, while keeping me in his embrace.

 I say nothing and just stay there for a minute. “You hurt me you know.” I say, struggling to get out of the hug.

 “I know.” He says, looking at me.

 “No. You don’t.” I say, my voice cracking a little bit. “You hurt me more than anyone else.” Before he opens his mouth I say, “You have known me more than anyone. I have been with you, thick and thin. And yet. For what ever reason, you decided to believe Vanessa of all people.” I say, closing the door. “But. I know how sorry you are… And I love you. So I will forgive you.” He smiles and then he leans in and then hugs me.

 “I love you too.” We stay in the embrace and on the outside I am smiling. I did forgive Dan, and Chuck. But I will never forget.

A/N: Thank you to all the readers and the people that have commented. I get so happy when people comment! Please. Do it more!