Chapter 9: Falsely Accused

“But they need to know.” Jenny says, while on the phone with Vanessa. She was filling Vanessa in with the newly found evidence while I was trying to get a hold of Chuck, Dan, or even Blaire.

 “I don’t care Vanessa… You aren’t the only one that has something to loose.” Jenny says, whispering violently. I don’t know why she was doing it. I mean, I knew everything… Maybe she was just embarrassed.

 “You have reached the voicemail of ‘Chuck Bass’…” I press the end button before it can say anything else.

 “Well I’m going to tell everyone whether you are going to be there or not.” She says, hitting the end button violently.

 “You get a hold of anyone?” She says to me, looking down.

 “No. Its kind of scaring me.” I say. My mind was running with horrible thoughts.

 “Where do you think that they will be at?” I say to her, putting my head against the glass.

 “Lets try Lilly’s first.” She says. She sits up and talks to the driver, telling him to turn around and go the other way to Lilly’s.

 “Thank you.” I say to her.

 “For what?” She asks, a clueless look on her face.

 “You’re being brave. You’re willing to re-write your wrong. Even if it means loosing Dan, and Rufus.” I say, she gives me a nervous look and I say, “Which you wont loose.” I then look through the foggy window.

 “I still cant believe that Vanessa wont even think about being with us when we tell them everything. She did just as much wrong as me… I am willing to do this… I will loose everything. Who, no, what, will she loose? The chance to be with Dan? She lost that chance 4 years ago.” She says, looking at me.

 “What do you mean?” I say, looking at her.

 “Nothing. Never mind.” She says, sitting all the way back in her seat.

 “What do you mean?” I ask again.

 “Nothing. Drop it.” She says.

 I was not in the mood to fight, so I accept it.

 “Ok.” I say, looking back out the window.

“They aren’t here. Dammit.” I say, looking around the apartment.

 I hear my ringtone faintly from my phone, I look at it and see Chucks name on the caller ID.

 I press the accept button and say, “Finally. Where are you? There’s something I need to tell you.”

 “You need to come to your place now.” He hangs up on me. He sounded angered and hurt.

 “Why did he hang up on you like that?” Jenny says, her face scrunching up.

 “I have no idea. But lets just get to my place.” I say to her, walking towards the elevator. What did I do?

“Oh thank god you are all here!” I say, walking through my door and having Jenny follow me. I look around the room and see that Dan, Chuck, Serena, Blaire, Rufus, Lilly, Nate, and… Vanessa? Before anyone says anything else, Vanessa pushes past me and goes out the door.

 “How dare you.” Blaire says as she comes up to me in a stomp and slaps me in the face. I stumble backwards and put my hand on my face, it was hot, and the slap really stings.

 “Ow! What the hell did you do that for!” I say, stepping towards her.

 “Why did you do it?” Chuck says, coming towards me… But still keeping his distance.

 “What are you talking about?” I ask, with Jenny at my side.

 “Oh, don’t act all innocent.” Blaire says, with venom in her voice.

 “Just admit to it Tayler. Vanessa told us everything.” Dan says, walking next to Chuck.

 “Again, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.” I say, inching backwards from them.

 “What did I ever do to you?” Serena says, immerging from the crowd of angry friends that I had.

 “I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!” I say, frustrated, waving my hands around to get the point.

 “Vanessa told us that you and Juliet drugged Serena… That you helped plan everything with Jenny and Juliet.” Dan said. Jenny just stays behind me like a scared puppy. Anger wells up inside me.

 “She told you what?” I say, in a harsh tone.

 “Don’t play stupid.” Blaire says, I could see that it was taking everything in her not to spit in my face.

 “Do you guys seriously believe her?” I say, hurt was obvious in my voice.

 “What else are we supposed to believe!” Chuck says.

 “You know what. Never mind. Jenny, you can do this. I don’t disserve this.” I say, tears were evident on my face and I just push past Chuck and Dan to my room.

 “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Dan says.

 “Why?” I ask him, whipping my tears.

 “I cant live with you. Not after what you’ve done. You need to leave.” He says to me, looking to the side, not wanting to make eye contact with me.

 “You… You’re kicking me out? Just like that. That’s all it takes? A few short Sentences from Vanessa, and I’m nothing to you? You don’t even have to hear what I have to say?” I say to him, through the lump in my throat. When he doesn’t answer I just look at him, my soul exposed. Willing him to look at me, and I say, “Fine. I can stay with Chuck.” I turn my back to them and then start towards my room again, but I am stopped by Chucks voice.

 “I cant be with you.” He says. I stop dead in my tracks.

 “What?” I say, silent tears falling from my face.

 “She’s my sister.” He says.

 “Why? Why would I ever hurt Serena?” I ask him, my back still to them.

 “I don’t know. Why don’t you just tell us?” Serena says.

 “Think about it.” I say, turning my head to the side. “Why, when I am about to tell you something very important about what happened with you, would Vanessa go ahead and tell you guys that I helped with all of this? When I have nothing against you, Serena. And when Vanessa has multiple reasons to come after you.” I say, turning around to them, and pushing through to the door.

 “Just think about it.” I then walked out the door.