Chapter 2: Meet Milo

2 WEEKS BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS

I stop in front of the double doors of Jenny and Dan’s Brooklyn home. Looking at the blue doors and the windows blurred out I get nervous. I need to admit something... I’ve always had a huge crush on Dan, I may be the same age as him but I feel like he thinks of me as his little sister.

I knock on the door and I hear a baby cry, then shortly after... being shooshed. Am I at the right place? Last time I checked there were no babies in the stories that Jenny told me. I take my phone out of my bag from kohl's and check the address again. Yep. I'm at the right place.

I hear the click of the door and a girl about my age with black hair and pale skin comes out the door with a suitcase and walks past me. Not even second glancing at the place that she was leaving, or the girl that was just about to enter it.

As i peer into the appartment I see a picture of Jenny and Dan on the counter and then I knew that this was the place for sure. Putting aside the thoughts that came from why that strange girl was at their place and why on earth there’s a baby there, I slowly put one foot in after the other, being very curious. It was really nice; I could say that. It was extreamly big, and very vintige

"Hello?" I say. After that the door on my right opened up. I then see a sleepy looking Dan walk out of his room in his underwear.

"AH!" I scream putting my face in my purse and then swifly turn around.

"Woah, what are you doing here Tayler?" He says. I can hear him shuffling around the apartment with my back to him.

"Um, Jenny said that she called you and left you a message about me staying here in her room." I say looking at the ground.

"Ok, you can look now," He says.

I turn around and see his blazer and khakis on.

"Really, you couldn't just put on pajama pants, you had to get fully dressed." I say, putting my duffle bag down and going back into the hall to get my two other suitcases, then closing the door.

"What message?" He asks me, scartching his head.

"The one on the answering machine, saying that I finally got accepted." I say, then pointing to the home phone. I then walk over to it and push a button.

We then hear Jenny’s voice, "Hey Dan.... I know that I haven't talked to you in a while, but I was just going to tell you that Tayler’s going to stay in my room for college cause she can't afford an apartment and its to late to get a dorm room. So whether you like it or not she’s coming over there. Just make sure that Serena doesn't meet her. I like this one." We then hear the beep.

Then there was another message. "And, I can't believe I'm saying this.... Don’t sleep with her! We both know that after that you will act weird for a little bit, then realize you like her and then go out with her for a few weeks then break her heart because you fell back in love with Serena, then she will move out and then I will loose my best friend! Trust me! If you do that I will cut off your..." Then we hear the familiar beep telling us that the message was over.

I just look back at him and then I burst out laughing. He then looks at me and starts laughing as well. A crying baby interrupts us.

"Milo," Dan mumbles and then walks over towards his door and disappears into the room.

A few seconds later he comes out holding a beautiful little baby boy while softly bouncing up and down trying to get the baby to go back to sleep. Only milo was getting louder with the crying, and it was getting overwhelming.

"Let me hold him." I say moving towards Dan and Milo.

"Are you sure?" he says.

"Come on, I love babies." I say resting my hand on Dan’s shoulder.