Feet thudded down the guest wing of the home, small but powerful.

An eleven year old Elora ran to the railing of the second floor balcony, long brown hair hanging down as she leaned forward to see her father. "Can't Pey just do it for me?"

"That's not how you get through life, hun," Dean replied in a sing song voice.

"I don't know cooling wards yet," El whined, slouching over the rail. Her dirty converse scuffed the wooden floor, overalls unbuttoned on one side as her Toronto Maple Leaves tshirt stuck out under neath.

"Have Peyton or Charlie teach you - don't let them do it for you."

Elora groaned, backing off from the stairs. Her small body wandered back down the guest wing - it appearing only when the Danielsons stepped into Beacon Hills.

The tiny witch stopped outside of Charlie's designated room, reaching out for the knob. El's eyes found the sign on the door before she could open it.

Out with Cam

"Peyton, are you here?" questioned Elora as she continued back down the hall. She sighed against the stiffness of the wing, knocking on Peyton's door. She rested her forehead against the wood, groaning. "Peyton."

Although the door opened, no one was inside.

Elora peered inside, unruly eyebrows furrowing. "Peyton?"

The preteen jumped at the sound of her brother's voice, sharply turning over her shoulder. "I thought you were in here." She craned her neck to look up to the sophomore, little for her age. "I need your help enchanting my room. Dad's busy and Charlie's with Camden."

Peyton, a naturally warm soul with eyes glimmering with hope, stared down at his sister blankly. "I thought you already knew cooling wards."

El hesitated at the tone of his words, it rattling something within her. "I...no, I only know heating wards and that's about the last thing this house needs right now."

She had expected a laugh - any sign of recognition - but there wasn't one. She wasn't sure if anyone was even in there.

It would be another week before the first body was found, and another two before Elora would find out there was more than just Peyton in his head.

The low hum of Allison taunting Charlie and Chris couldn't hinder her state, lost in her own tears as her heart tore itself apart.

The forest floor bristled under small foot fall, leaves crisp from the mid summer heat. Warm bodies stumbled over each other as they shuffled thought the Preserve with every attempt of remaining quiet as possible.

"You're stepping on my toes!" Charlie expressed in a whisper, nudging Peyton forward.

Peyton bumped against Derek's back, swearing as he tripped over a fallen branch. "Keep it down," he muttered. "If they hear us, we're dead."

"What are they even doing?" Elora hastily questioned, poking her head out from behind Laura as they paraded through the Preserve.

The low chanting in the distance grew louder as they drew nearer to the overlook.

The kids had promised to stay at the house with Peter but the group snuck out the moment Cora came through, after being paid, by dragging Peter to read a bedtime story to she and Phoebe.