Dance With Me- Castiel x Reader

Start from the beginning

"Novak." You informed the host as you approached the doors of the ballroom.
"Mr and Mrs?" He asked, reading from the list in front of him.
"That's us." You confirmed, shooting a glance at your intertwined hands, both of which held the bands you had purchased. Yours also held an simple, cheap ring with a fake diamond on it.
"Enjoy your night." He said, gesturing to the open door behind him.
You thanked him and entered the vast ballroom, your dress gently sweeping the floor.
"Should we be looking for them?" Cas asked, nervously scanning the ballroom.
"Nah, we don't want to look too suspicious. Let's just chill for a little bit. From what Dean told me, it seems like they'll come to us." You sighed upon seeing Cas' still worried face. "Dance with me, Cassie."
"Excuse me?"
"C'mon! I didn't teach you for nothing! Dance with me!" You laughed, pulling Castiel onto the dance floor.
You began your dance just as a new song started, dozens of other couples dancing with you. You saw Cas look around at the other groups, the way the men would spin and dip their partners.
"Cas..." you warned, fearing that, if he were getting at what you thought he was, he would mess up and drop you.
Ignoring you, Cas spun you around and cradled your body as your dropped down, his face dangerously close to yours. After holding you there a moment too long, doing nothing but staring into your eyes, a voice broke you two apart.
"Excuse me," the voice of a little girl said.
"What is it, hun?" You asked after Cas put you back on your feet.
"My mommy was getting something out of the pantry for the party and she got locked in. Can you help me get her out?" The girl asked.
Everything about her story screamed 'suspicious'. As you followed her down a hallway, you reached down to your boot and pulled out the machete you had somehow managed to shove in there. It wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world, but it worked. You looked back to see Cas with a machete of his own. Where he stored his, well, you preferred not to ask.
She led you into a large empty room. You spun around as the door slammed closed behind you. A snarling figure emerged from the shadows.
"Hunters." They growled.
"What?" The little girl asked as she spun around. "Dammit! I'm so sorry mom, I didn't know!"
"It's fine." The vamp sighed.
"Hunters?" One vamp asked as they emerged from the shadows.
"Great." Another groaned.
Pretty soon, you were surrounded by about a dozen vamps.
"Well this has been a nice chat." The leader said, peeling herself off the wall. "But, it's time for you to die."
"Funny," you replied, "I could say the same for you."
The vamps lunged at you, trying their best to sink their fangs into you. Backing your way out of the horde, you swung your machete, cutting off head after head. It was easy to tell these vamps didn't do much actual hunting; they were slow and sloppy.
After a short lived fight, you wiped off your machete with a rag you brought and shoved it back in your boot.
"Good thing I've been doing this for years, otherwise I'd have ruined a perfectly good dress." You turned to Cas whose suit was dotted with blood. "You'll get there, Cassie." You laughed.
"Yes, I suppose. Shall we go now?" He asked whilst wiping the blood off his jacket.
"Yep. Let's take the back door; you kinda got a little something." You joked.
You exited out the back door and hopped in your car, quickly driving from the crime scene.
"Y/N, where are we going? The way to our hotel was back there." Cas remarked after you had been driving for a while.
"You'll see." You responded with a slight smirk on your face.
After another hour of driving, you came across a small forest on the side of the road. You pulled over and got out, Cas following close behind.
"Now will you tell me?" Cas pleaded.
"It's still here." You breathed as you broke out of the trees into a small clearing.
Fairy lights lined the trees. Beautiful flowers made up the outer circle, leaving the center clear.
"What's still- wow." You laughed happily and ran over to turn on the lights.
"I used to live right by here. My friend and I found this clearing one day and we decorated it. We would come here everyday, weed the flowers and just sit. The weeds are going crazy though. I guess she hasn't been here in awhile." You sighed, suddenly missing your childhood friend.
"I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Is there any reason you brought me here?" Cas asked.
You brightened up, remembering the reason you drove all this way. "Yes!" You raced over to your phone and started playing music. "We never finished our dance!"
"Y/N, it's midnight, we have to drive another hour back, it's the middle of October..." Cas complained.
"Oh hush, Cassie, you know you wanna." You laughed, grabbing his arms and pulling him in for a waltz. He danced reluctantly at first, but soon gave in, twirling you with a smile on his face.
You shuddered as the song finished. You hadn't realized how cold it was, especially in your strapless dress.
"Are you cold?" Cas asked as you pressed yourself into his chest for warmth.
"Mm-hm." You hummed.
You suddenly felt something soft wrap around you. It felt as though Cas had just wrapped a blanket around you but how would he-
"Oh my god." You gasped as you looked at what was enclosing you. "Cas are these-"
Hugging your body were two large, white wings. The feathers were the softest things you'd ever felt and you were warmed instantly.
"My wings. I haven't-" he sighed, searching for the right words, "it's a very intimate thing among angels to show someone your wings. I've never felt a strong enough connection with someone to actually show them my wings. But, it's a connection I think I share with you."
"They're beautiful, Cas." You breathed, stroking the wings that surrounded you.
"Thank you but, we should probably be going now." He started to pull away from you but you quickly clung onto his chest.
"C'mon, Cassie. The night is still young. Dance with me one more time."
"If you insist."