Chapter Three

Quick Note

So sorry for my computer troubles! And thankyou for the reads and love i'm getting. This is a little of Lake and Layla, so you will see their resentment but truths will come out and things will steam up over time! Much love, CB

Chapter Three

"Four Jims, Two Johnny's and a Jacks," I scrawled off the drinks order for table five to Dray - The Centrals fittest bartender.

He had brown hair that was shorter on the sides and longer at the top. It was usually styled messily at the top, either spiking up everywhere or in a Mohawk that screamed 'bad boy'. Today however he had that messy bed-hair look that screamed, "I just rolled out of someone's bed and came to work."

He jerked his head and pulled the can's from the fridge, chucking them on a serving tray with some glasses and ice. I thanked him and grabbed the tray in a rush. As I was about to walk to my table he yelled out to get my attention. "Lay! Lay, I forgot to tell you, Sarah's going on break and needs you to cover table 12, she said Maycee could hold down her other two."

A look of confusion settled on my face. Maycee could easily handle all three, we weren't exactly run off our feet today and surprisingly most of the customers were middle age men that could restrain from reaching out their arms to cop a feel when we walked past.

I shrugged my shoulders and nodded to Dray nevertheless, continuing on my path to table five.

"Here you go boys," I said with a smile, careful not to bend over and give them an eyeful of my cleavage. Which was incredibly hard in the leather mini skirt and white boob tube Garry insisted his girls wore. I didn't complain, it brought in customers and the tips were better than anywhere else in town.

The guys at the table ignored me, there attention on the Tigers game up on the flat screen. They chucked down notes on the table for me to take and couldn't stop myself from rolling my eyes. There were a few twenty's, a couple of fifty's and even a hundred dollar note.

I stuffed the money in my waist-apron pocket with murmured thanks and set off for table twelve.

Walking through the bar I almost ran into Maycee as she made her rounds. She stopped and smiled at me, sitting down her tray to wipe down a table a few older guys vacated.

"Those Hilton Hills Men sure tip good on a Sunday hey?" she inquired, finishing off the table and picking up her tray.

I let out a hasty laugh and nodded in agreement. "They sure do, just a shame they're a bunch of skeezers."

Maycee let out a hearty laugh and threw her head back with in agreement. "Tell me about it, Old Barry grabbed my ass before, was nearly tempted to slap him with his fifty or shove it where the sun don't shine," she scoffed with amusement in her eyes.

I snorted at that and let out a genuine laugh, nodding in complete agreement. Some of the customers at The Central were completely lovely. Most however, like Old Barry were sleazy men that paid well for a drink, stale peanuts and a grope of their favourite server.

"Alright, better get going," she sighed, "Or I'm sure Garry will have my tits for dinner," she said with a wink. I couldn't help to grin as she walked off. Maycee was a really funny girl, she was a few years older than me but she had a heart of gold and such a vivacious sense of humour.

I trudged on to table twelve dodging in and out of the tables scattered about with no strategy to their layout whatsoever.

Approaching the table my heart started to race, my breathing became rapid and I felt like my knees could give way any minute.