-Chapter 1- You Win ✔️

"When life throws you a rainy day, play in the puddles."
~ Winnie The Pooh

"I've had enough of you, Cassidy

"I've had enough of you, Cassidy. Get. Out." My own Mother spat in anger, looking me up and down in disgust.

I looked over to my Dad for reassurance, but all I saw was the look of disappointment. He simply shook his head and looked down at his shoes. "Why couldn't you just be like your sister." He whispered as he looked down at his shoes.

Tears began to build up in my eyes in the millions, threatening to fall and show my weaknesses in front of the people who were supposed to relish in them and lift me higher so I don't drown.

"I think you should leave, Cassidy." My Brother spoke after being silent for awhile. I just looked at him in disbelief. How could he say that? Just last week we were singing at our highest, drinking water like it was vodka.

"Your brother's right. You should leave." My so called Mum snapped at me, waving me off with her hands.

"Bu-" I started, only to get caught of by my Dad who has been awfully quite since his last statement.

"You should go. No arguments." He left no room for objections as he walked out the room, my Mum and Brother following in toll up the stairs.

Once I had recollected myself, I followed them up the stairs and walked into my bedroom, where my Dad was packing my clothes into a duffle bag while my Mum and Brother stood there with smug smirks. I immediately ran up to my Dad and grabbed onto his arm, begging for him to let me stay. I was taken off guard when a hand came into contact with my face, sending me flying to the floor. I looked up to my Dad, who has stopped his previous task to look down at me with regret clear in his eyes.

"Baby, I'm so sor-" he started, bending down to my level to caress my cheek, but I flinched away and stood up on my own, leaving him shocked. I walked over to my bed where my packed duffle bag was and slung it over my shoulder.

I turned back towards my oh so wonderful family and sent them a smile.

"Guess you win." And with that, walked out and spared a quick glance at my Dad, who looked like he was about to break into tears, but mouthed 'I love you'. I mouthed it back and sent him a quick smile before I walked out the house and didn't look back.