Small Bump

"Oh my god." Your voice wasn't more than a whisper but your heart was racing in your chest uncontrollably while stared at the small stick in your trembling hands. You couldn't believe what you saw. No, this couldn't be, that was impossible.

You swallowed hard and let yourself sink on the couch. Your legs had gotten weak over the news you had to process now. The pregnancy test you had just taken told you that you were pregnant. But this couldn't be.

The only man you've had sex with during the last two years was Elijah Mikaelson. And Elijah was a vampire. So...this couldn't be right. Determined, you got up from the couch again and left the apartment some minutes later. You needed to buy more tests. Maybe this one was broken and therefore couldn't show you a right result.

On your way to the closest pharmacy or supermarket, you hoped to not meet Elijah or any of his siblings. They would all sense your trouble and you couldn't tell them what was going on with you. Not yet.

Quickly you were back at home and ran into the bathroom to take the three tests you had bought. The first one had to be wrong. You couldn't be pregnant. But all your hopes got shattered when you looked at the other three tests. Every single one of them had a positive sign.

Sighing, you sank down on the toilet lid. Okay, now there was no doubt. You were pregnant. From a vampire. How the hell was that possible? Something like that hadn't happened yet as far as you knew and only the thought of it scared you more than you could have ever imagined.

Helpless, you remained sitting there for a while; in the end, you couldn't figure out for how long you had been just staring into space, trying to get your running thoughts in order. When your phone suddenly started to ring, you winced and got pulled out of your thoughts.

It was Elijah. Of course. You bit your lips while you stared at the name blinking on your display. If you wouldn't answer, Elijah would stand at your front door in ten minutes, you were certain. So, you eventually answered his call.

"Hey, Elijah", you said and tried to sound as always.

"Hey, darling", you could hear your boyfriend's voice from the other side of the line. "What are you doing?", he asked.

"I'm...nothing", you stammered while your heart started to beat fast in your chest again. You stood up from the toilet lid and left the bathroom. You couldn't stay in there anymore.

"You alright?"

You held back a sigh at Elijah's words. Of course, he sensed that something was bothering you. But you couldn't tell him on the phone. So, you lied. "Yeah, I'm alright. What's the matter?"

„Oh, nothing special. We just haven't seen each other in three days and...I'm missing you", he quietly said and you couldn't help but smile. He missed you. Although you've been a couple for a bit more than two years, it still warmed your heart when he said things like that.

And you realized, you had to tell him. Not tomorrow, not the day after, no. You had to tell him now. You took a deep breath, which he heard, of course. "Y/N, what's the matter?", he asked and sounded as if he wouldn't want to hear any excuses.

"Elijah, I...can we meet? We need to talk", you whispered.

"Of course. You want to come over?"

Yes, you wanted. And twenty minutes later, you stood in front of the huge Mikaelson mansion. Your heart felt as if it would jump out of your chest at any minute. You were so nervous. What would he say? Would he even believe you? What if he didn't and be angry because he'd think you'd lie? A thousand thoughts were running through your head.