Treading on rocks

Start from the beginning

I was so lost in thoughts that all of a sudden I bumped into a girl and knocked out all her books and papers.
"Omg I'm so sorry, are you okay." I felt bad because she already looked a bit busy and she might be late to class at this rate.

"No no it's fine. I'm just generally a clumsy person." We both picked up the papers quickly and stood back up. She was very pretty but it seemed like she put too much effort in to stand out. She didn't need all that make up she wore, she had natural beauty. She had dark brown hair and bangs just above her perfectly shaped eyebrows. She was slim and a couple feet shorter. I could easily tell what kind of person she was, a bubbly and very gullible person.

"Is it me or is this the first time seeing you, I don't think I've ever seen you here before

"Is it me or is this the first time seeing you, I don't think I've ever seen you here before." She wondered scratching her hair.

I giggled, "Yh it's my first day here. I just transferred her from London."

"Oh wow that's so cool. Always wanted to go London and see that big clock." She said so excitedly.

"You mean the Big Ben." I said couldn't help myself from cracking up.

"Hehe Yh," she said going very pink, "so what's your name?"

"My name is Violet." she pulled me into a tight hug and squealed, "my name is Cherry. I can't help it but your soooooo beautiful. Let's become best friends!!" I smiled at her goofiness and thanked her, she was so cute and it was nice to know someone well - more normal compared to popular Jock Jake.

"Well where you headed to Violet?" she beamed at me as we started to walk down the corridor.

"I'm trying to find the Principle's office which is-" I looked around and had no clue where i was. it was so different and big compared to London. So drama-like.

"Ah I'm going in that direction too. I'll drop you off." I followed her around as she briefly told me which part of campus I was in. I finally reached the office and had a minute left.

"ok so here we are. I'm gonna rush to class now. I'll find you after and introduce you to Gabby and the others. see ya-" Before I could reply she stumbled past all the chairs and ran off. She was very nice, good start so far.

"Welcome to Santa Monica College, Violet Bloom. I am the Dean, you can call me Dean." he chuckled at himself - he's so weird. "Anyway i have checked your old records and i know what situation your in. If you ever feel like your in danger please don't hesitate to contact me. And as for the school regulations you know blah blah can't be asked to go through it, you look intelligent enough. Just pop by the reception and get you timetable as well as your locker key and you're good to go!" He beamed at himself, proud of finishing it all so quickly as I just sat in silence. "Ah yeah, any questions?"

I left the room feeling a little flustered since the Dean wasn't very helpful in guiding me around the school so I guess it's up to me to find my own way. Not going to lie, i kind of missed Jake. I wondered what he was doing, what if he pretends not to know me anymore now that he is back to school after the summer vacation.