Justin

J u s t i n
(Just-in)

Justin played with his fingers as he sat in the waiting room. He was nervous beyond belief, but not for himself.

She had been in there for an hour already, what was wrong?

Justin looked around the white room. He tried not to glance at the other people sitting in the room with him, but his eyes strayed to a pretty girl in a white dress.

He stared in awe at the mid-sized bump that had formed under her dress.

A wave of nausea knotted up in his stomach as he thought about where she was sitting.

Planned Parenthood stood in the heart of D.C. and Justin sat in the waiting room, waiting for his sister.

His heart was currently breaking.

He didn't agree with abortions. He hated the fact that Washington D.C. allowed full term abortions. He hated the fact that he was here, in an abortion clinic, waiting for his baby sister.

But, despite hating what she was doing right now, he loved his sister more than anything. She needed support right now, and he'd be damned if he didn't support her because he didn't agree with her.

He was her big brother, first and foremost.

Suddenly, he heard a familiar  uncontrollable sobbing and looked up in alarm. There stood his sister being held up by a nurse in white scrubs.

He shot up and rushed over to the seventeen year old. "Tatiana, what's wrong?"

"She has decided to keep the baby as of now." Said the nurse, kindly. "We have told her that if she changes her decision, she can reschedule her appointment. We know how hard this choice can be."

Justin looked down at his sister stomach and breathed a sigh of relief hearing the nurses words. The baby was still in there.

He thanked the nurse, and gently took his sister by the arm. He lead her outside, away from the prying stares of the people in the waiting room.

Suddenly, he heard a familiar voice and his stomach dropped in dread. "I can't believe this. I can't believe my children were actually in an abortion clinic!"

Justin and his sister looked toward their mother who was standing there in disappointment. "Tatiana. Is it true? You got yourself pregnant?"

Tatiana stared up at her mother with fear.

"Yes," she said in a small voice.

Mother let out a guttural yell. "That means you've had sex! You're not my pure little girl anymore!"

Tatiana stiffened under her brothers arm. "You're right, Mom. I'm not 'pure', and I haven't been for a long time. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not a holy St. Mary prude like you!"

Her mother gasped and her face grew red. Justin shrunk away from the uncomfortable conversation, but neither female acknowledged him.

"There is nothing wrong with being prudish, Tatiana!"

His sister rolled her still red-redden eyes. "You're right; no it isn't. If someone makes that decision, good for them! But you aren't going to shame me because I'm not pure like you thought. You are right. I'm not a prude and I'm proud!"

Yo, Charlie here. I decided to do a different take on this story. If you haven't read my book 'Slut' I wanted to clarify that just because someone isn't 'sexually inactive' doesn't mean they are a bad person!
So, this was just one chapter on that outtake.

Also, I did it in an abortion clinic because I've always wanted to write a setting in there.
I typically try to detach myself from my characters view points, but I always end up leaving a piece of me in them.

So, I'll state this now. No, I don't agree with abortions. Yes, I do believe that if a baby has a heart beat, and can survive out of the womb, that it should have its own rights because, yes it is a human.
To me, a baby is something to be cherished, but I understand that others don't feel the same.
I understand if you choose your life over your unborn child. That's your life, and I won't judge you for your decisions. How can I when I've never walked in your shoes? However, my choice is no to abortions. It's my body, and that's what I decided.

Love,
Charlie